Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TheOne Cleaning QS8? - 12/26/03 09:41 PM
My white QS8 grills are really dirty. I tried cleaning them with soap and a clean wet cloth but the stains won't come off. Does anyone has any recommendation for the cleaning these white grills?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Cleaning QS8? - 12/26/03 09:54 PM
Have you tried soaking/immersing them in warm water with some mild detergent in it? The frames are plastic, so I don't think it would harm them at all.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Cleaning QS8? - 12/27/03 01:10 AM
I keep a squirt bottle with a solution of water & Bissell Fabric/Carpet Cleaner on hand. Seems to work for most stains that come up with 3 kidlettes around. (Granted, the mixture is much stronger than suggested)

Posted By: TheOne Re: Cleaning QS8? - 12/27/03 05:27 AM
I have not try soaking them in warm water because I thought the water might harm the grills, but I'll give that a try. BTW are the bottow grills of the QS8 removable? I am have having a tough time getting them off and I don't want to damage them by forcing to come off.

Thanks.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Cleaning QS8? - 12/27/03 04:00 PM
In reply to:

BTW are the bottow grills of the QS8 removable?

I don't know for sure about the QS8, but all 4 grills on my QS4's are removable, and I would assume the same is so for the QS8's. They are on pretty tight, though.

Mark
Posted By: tinfoilhat Re: Cleaning QS8? - 12/28/03 04:26 AM
It is only in the last while that the QS series have removable grills over the mid/bass speakers.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cleaning QS8? - 12/29/03 05:11 PM
All four grills on my QS8's are removable.
Posted By: TheOne Re: Cleaning QS8? - 12/29/03 08:23 PM
According to Joe from Axiom support. The older QS8 (which I have) doesn't have removable top and bottow grills. Only the new QS8 has 4 romovable grills. Oh well.
© Axiom Message Boards