Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Raindance Speaker Stands - 01/09/04 07:11 PM
Speaker Stands!

What makes good ones good, bad ones bad, and how are Axiom's?

I'm looking for something elegant for my M22ti's (Maple, love 'em). Which would you recommend for the 22s?

Thanks!
RD
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Speaker Stands - 01/09/04 07:22 PM
In addition to the above question, I have this one:

Do the M22's have pre-drilled holes or tapped metal receivers for attaching to a stand?

Reason for the question is that I have two very happy, tail-wagging Golden Retrievers and would not like the M22's to take a header off the stands when "our girls" get excited.

WhatFurrer

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Speaker Stands - 01/09/04 07:29 PM
what makes good ones?

Strong, study, heavy, stands that will not fall over, and anchor to the floor. and look good

are axioms good? well they look nice enough but from the pics they dont look as sturdy as id want stands to be.

I dont know whats on the bottom of the speakers, i dont think theres anything.

These are some really nice stands for reasonably cheap. i have a friend who has these holding up 50 lb speakers and they are nice stands, id say they are alot nicer than the axiom stands and i think they look better. i believe they have different height ones just like those but you will have to check. either way those are some really good, nice stands.

These are the 18" model
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Speaker Stands - 01/09/04 07:46 PM
Mike,
another good place to check is here:

http://www.racksandstands.com/

I've never bought anything from here personally, but I've heard others talk about them being quite good.
Posted By: Twirly22 Re: Speaker Stands - 01/09/04 08:53 PM
Check these out at Accessories4Less:

http://www.ac4l.com/Amazing/itemdesc.asp?CartId=124-EVEREST-22707XPNNK78&ic=SD%2DBB75%2F16&cc=&tpc=
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Speaker Stands - 01/09/04 09:00 PM
I bought a pair of the shorter Axiom stands for my M22's, and they do look nice, but they're certainly not heavy.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Speaker Stands - 01/09/04 09:23 PM
Spiff,

How do you have your M22's attached to the Axiom stands? Is the top plate the same shape as the speaker?

WhatFurrer
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Speaker Stands - 01/09/04 10:34 PM
I no longer have the M22's, but when I did, they just sit atop them. The top plate of the stand is just a simple square. If you concern is having pets/children knock them over, you'll need to find a better solution. I don't have kids or pets so it wasn't an issue for me.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Speaker Stands - 01/10/04 12:07 AM
if you wanted something really heavy that could either be hard to tip over or tip over and kill someone, those stands i gave the link to are fillable so you could put sand or lea shot or something in there that would probbly add another 30 pounds depending on what you put. and also some BLU TACK would be good for anchoring the speakers to the stands. the place i know sells it is www.audioadvisor.com
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Speaker Stands - 01/10/04 12:27 AM
Quake Hold does the same this as Blu Tack for half the price. You can find it at many hardware stores.

Even though I don't have stands, I've got some Quake Hold under my M22s to keep the cats from knocking them over.
© Axiom Message Boards