Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Raindance Acoustic Treatments - 01/21/04 07:37 PM
I was wondering- are there any one-size-fits-all, no-brainer acoustic treatments (or no-nos) one can apply to a room?

What are 'common' acoustic room treatments? Or is it all situational?
Posted By: x94blair3 Re: Acoustic Treatments - 01/21/04 08:09 PM
Good question. I'd be interested in hearing about this too. Much like the auto calibration feature of a yamaha or Pioneer, "easy solutions" for acoustic treatments would be right up my ally!

-Nick
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Acoustic Treatments - 01/21/04 08:33 PM
here's a good article here from the November Axiom newsletter
it's a place to start anyways.
Posted By: boomer Re: Acoustic Treatments - 01/21/04 11:18 PM
I found this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=351382 over in the AVS forums to be interesting.
Posted By: Raindance Re: Acoustic Treatments - 01/22/04 12:03 AM
Thanks Boomer and Sid- I'll start there!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Acoustic Treatments - 01/22/04 12:49 AM
boomer,

Potato because of couch?
Posted By: x94blair3 Re: Acoustic Treatments - 01/22/04 02:10 PM
Good links both of them. I learned a little something this morning. It was interesting to read the newsletter detract the hardcore measures of some and then read the hardcore measures of others.

It's too bad this isn't all more of a true science. However, while there's a buck to be made people will continue to sell unnecessary products (overblown cables, power cords, and room treatments) with "highly scientific" explanations that may or may not be helping. The other end of the spectrum seems to be the true scientists that say things like "the impact would be minimal if any, don't bother" instead of letting the listener be the judge.

Somewhere in the middle would probably be optimal benefit without being lied too.

-Nick
Posted By: boomer Re: Acoustic Treatments - 01/22/04 03:20 PM
In reply to:

Potato because of couch?

Yes, that's my pidgin Latin for "couch potato." I meant the preposition propter in a double sense:

"propter : (+ acc.) near, close, on account of, because of."
-- http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/Latin/

© Axiom Message Boards