Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 01ACRViper Sub Reccomendations? - 04/07/04 09:05 PM
SHould I get the EP175? I have 2 Adire Shivas in my car running of a JBL 1200.1, and i absolutely love them. With the experience I have with Adire and their excellent customer service, I might get the Rava. It's only $400, which would save me $100. Are there any other options around the same price of the Rava that can perform with it?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Sub Reccomendations? - 04/07/04 09:11 PM
curtis.....
spiff.....
ray......

ya'll wanna help him out??

viper- those guys are the resident sub advisors.. they will be assisting you shortly..

bigjohn
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Sub Reccomendations? - 04/07/04 09:13 PM
The Adire driver is well known for its performance. I've been wanting to hear an Adire Rava myself for some time now.
From what i've read, it is a solid unit.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Sub Reccomendations? - 04/07/04 09:36 PM
I say sell the Viper and use the money to start building your own one of these...

tee hee...
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sub Reccomendations? - 04/07/04 09:46 PM
The Adire Rava gets a lot of good words spoken about it. As everyone here knows though, I'm a big Hsu fan, so if you don't go for the Rava, I doubt you could go wrong with the Hsu STF-2.

Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Sub Reccomendations? - 04/07/04 09:49 PM
Bad Peter...Bad...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Sub Reccomendations? - 04/08/04 12:08 AM
Well, just to round it off, there's SVS and the Axiom EP350. The general battle is between the Army of the HSU and the Stormtroopers of SVS. Can't go wrong with either. Budget concerns get you to the HSU STF-2.

You really should talk through the whole thing with the folks at HSU and SVS. Room size, what you want to maximize (low or loud, music or movies, etc) Really good folks at both places.

Just make sure you get a big honkin' unit that will keep you from being disappointed.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sub Reccomendations? - 04/08/04 04:11 PM
I second that. I think subs are much like big TV's. Get the biggest baddest thing you can afford. At first it'll seem like way too much, but you'll get used to it rather quickly. Just be sure not to get something big and loud just because it is big and loud, don't sacrifice quality for size and db's.

Posted By: Ray3 Re: Sub Reccomendations? - 04/08/04 04:50 PM
An excellent summary spiffmeister!
© Axiom Message Boards