Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Saint Hung surrounds, hiding wire? - 04/09/04 10:26 PM
See this photo: http://members.arstechnica.com/subscriptors/x/saint/surroundgoodness.JPG

As you can see, the hung QS-8s look fine, but tha'ts with NO WIREs yet hooked up.

How can I hide the wire? This is a condo/apartment.

My idea is to hire an electrician to set up a connector panel at the base of the wall, and wire inside the wall.

Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Hung surrounds, hiding wire? - 04/09/04 10:47 PM
Try wiremold cordmate. You can get it at Home Depot and it's mounted on the wall surface or corners. I used it for my QS8's in the ceiling. Check my profile for pix.

Wiremold
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Hung surrounds, hiding wire? - 04/09/04 11:15 PM
saint,i dont know how handy you are,but,you can mount-old work boxes- in the wall the same height as your outlets and snake a wire from the qs8s to the box directly below and use covers with binding posts on them,and then just connect them to your receiver...its really pretty easy...good luck...ron
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hung surrounds, hiding wire? - 04/10/04 12:08 AM
Nice floors.

Posted By: audiofan Re: Hung surrounds, hiding wire? - 04/10/04 03:24 AM
I just use double side tape and flat speaker wire ( i chose AR , not Monster cable brand). Then paint over the wire. It virtually disappear from your sight....
Posted By: KOSMOS Re: Hung surrounds, hiding wire? - 04/13/04 04:10 PM
Are you on the top floor/bottom floor or is there someone above/below you? I have access above which makes running the wire fairly simple, up the wall - through the attic - down the wall to the speakers.
© Axiom Message Boards