Axiom Home Page
Posted By: warehouseaa Marantz + axioms=??? - 04/14/04 05:50 PM
I can get a sweet deal on a marantz 6400. Would this be a good match for Axioms?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Marantz + axioms=??? - 04/14/04 06:18 PM
the 6400 got a great review here.

and the AXIOMS will create clear, actual, precise sounds. they tend to reveal the flaws of bad recordings, and shine while playing great recordings.

bigjohn
Posted By: TweedleyD Re: Marantz + axioms=??? - 04/14/04 07:47 PM
Well i have heard my Axiom MI 22's with a Marantz took them over to a buddies house an he loved them think the model # of the Marantz was a 5300 but it sounded great
Posted By: sjanes Re: Marantz + axioms=??? - 04/14/04 07:50 PM
Hello, I assume you mean the SR6400 amplifer, I have the SR6200(previous model) with M22s and I could not be happier with the sound. Power levels are more then adequate to play much louder then I require. My only beefs are the akward onscreen interface (which they probally have improved in 2 generations) and the lousy remote.
Posted By: SeanF Re: Marantz + axioms=??? - 04/15/04 12:31 AM
Marantz + Axioms = ???

SR8300 + (M60,VP100,QS8,EP350) = Sweet Sweet Music

I love the sound of my Axioms and the SR8300. There is nothing to dislike as both reproduce the music faithfully.

Sean
Posted By: kertong Re: Marantz + axioms=??? - 09/03/04 06:38 PM
sorry to bring up such a dead thread, but i'm curious as well.

I borrowed a kenwood vr-309 HT amp from a friend, and it was terrible. So I went back home and swapped it with my 1974 marantz 2220b, and the music sounded.. well, more like music. MUCH better. I am now using them with the M22tis, a slight better sound than the M3tis, imo.

Now, where on the ladder am I with the 2220b? It sounds plenty good to me, as long as the loudness countour is enabled.

I've set my sights on the NAD C372 though.
Posted By: nowave Re: Marantz + axioms=??? - 09/04/04 03:51 AM
Ok... I'm going to perpetuate this dead thread. I had a semi-modern Technics HT receiver that was flaky.... and I pawned it as working-- without a blemish on my conscience.

Anyway... I've since moved on to 70s era gear.. (HK). stuff that would be stratospherically priced if you did the conversions right... but way budget today.

Anyway.. I noticed a big sound difference just in the preamp/amp changeup.

So - the parent asked about where he is on the "ladder" - the 2220b is a quality piece of equipment. It may be low powered by today's standards, but the quality of build is top notch. I would take it over any mass market 200wpc item sold today.

That's just me... but when I dissect my vintage stuff, I find a real quality of workmanship that I find lacking in all but the boutique products of today (probably because they were the boutique products of yesterday).

this post was a bit rambling and pointless... but if there is a point, it is that I think you have a fine piece of gear, my friend.
© Axiom Message Boards