Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TurboDog1 Yamaha Receiver Technical Question - 04/23/04 06:52 PM
Quick question: Can anyone confirm whether or not the digital inputs on the RXV 1400/2400's are assignable? I briefly glanced through the manuals online and didn't see that they were and the back-panel gives the impression that they are hard assigned to the different functions (CD, DVD, etc). However, the sales guy at HifiBuys said that they were. This will play into my future decision between these and the Denon receivers. My existing Yammy RXV995 does not have assignable and it's been a pain dealing w/ all the different components.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Yamaha Receiver Technical Question - 04/23/04 07:10 PM
I just checked the manual for the RXV-2400. The inputs are assignable. Look at page 58 of the manual.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Yamaha Receiver Technical Question - 04/23/04 07:30 PM
Yup... all the RX-V series are reassignable (I own a V540) my original DVD player (Toshiba SD-1800) only had a SPDIF out (coaxial digital) and the Yammy only has a SPDIF in labelled for CD, really easy to reassign - if you need help, let me know.

BTW, as an aside - all Yamaha's CD-Ps have Toslinks only I'm told, so why they'd label it for a connection their own product line doesn't have, I don't know.

And yes, since your next question will be "but does the SPDIF labelled CD-P carry 5.1 bitstreams, not just stereo?" the answer is yes.

Bren R.
Posted By: TurboDog1 Re: Yamaha Receiver Technical Question - 04/23/04 07:42 PM
That's great news that will save me a couple hundred bucks in the near future. Thanks.
© Axiom Message Boards