Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkB Streem Speakers - 08/18/04 09:12 PM
Has anyone heard and compared the M60ti's to Streem's FS-808? Streem is a new Canadian direct marketing speaker maker. I would like to know the sound quality differences between Axiom's M60ti's and the Streem FS-808. The 808's have dual 8" woofers. Do they pump more bass? Is it clear or muddy?

What about the mid and upper ranges? Do the 808's compare to Axiom's in terms of sound quality/clarity? The 808's are less expensive. Do they sound cheap, too?

Streem's get rave reviews on their site. So do Axiom's. Has anyone here compared the two manufacturers? If so, please give me the lowdown.

Waiting with clipped breath.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Streem Speakers - 08/18/04 09:32 PM
for anyone interested, here is the website for STREEM..

they look kinda cheap to me.. just my opinion.

bigjohn
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Streem Speakers - 08/18/04 09:34 PM
If memory serves, there was a recent thread asking this same comparison (Streem vs. Axiom). As this is an Axiom board, you are sure to get the typical (...I never heard the Streems, but the Axioms are excellent and you can't go wrong as they also have better service) type replies.... as subjective as that may be.

From appearances, they seem to have imitated several different mfg'ers models. How well they managed to copy them would be the acid test. I have spent many years in the hobby...make that decades, and I had not heard of them. However, I had not heard of many of the mfg'ers before I purchased their products (Linn, Reference 3a, YBA,etc). They seem to offer similar return policy as the Axioms. Many on this board ordered their Axioms after the company became an ebiz marketer.

One thing that might help would be to audition Axioms (check the thread in general for someone in your area - HEY AMIE...this should be a database!!!). You could then order either mfg'ers stock, and return the least attractive to your ears!
Posted By: Thasp Re: Streem Speakers - 08/18/04 11:44 PM
They look like they ripped off the Infinity Alpha series's looks.

... and there isn't even a +/- 3 dB thing next to the frequency response.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 06:53 PM
Word is that they look a lot better in person than pictured on their site. I'd rather not audition someone else's Axioms unless I know that person. It's just too awkward. And I'd rather not have to audition both in my home simultaneously with two charges on my credit card and them send one back. That's why I'm here.

I did a search on this site for "Streem" before I posted but it came up empty. And Streem doesn't have a message board. I know you guys are biased toward Axiom's, but that's the price of doing business here, I guess.

The M60ti's look cool and get rave reviews, but I wouldn't mind saving $300 if I can and the FS-808's have dual 8" woofers, which I like. I know the reviewers say the M60's are not light on bass, except for maybe just a tad. The old Boston Accoustics I own now have 8" woofers and they can pump bass pretty good. I guess I'm now biased towards 8" woofers.

Anyway, I was hoping there might be someone around here who has already listened to both brands and can offer some advice. I want to get the most bang for my buck. I also don't want to have to go through the hassle of shipping speakers back. Whatever I get, I'll probably keep.

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 07:16 PM
WOW!!!

I just found the FS-808's going for $400/PAIR at "Station Street." That's TWO for the price of ONE M60ti!

http://www.stationstreet.ca/mfr.asp?id=23&name=Streem

You guys have a lot of convincing to do. I don't know if I can pass that up. You'd better try to save me before I go over to the other side.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 07:23 PM
I think the reviews that the Axioms have should be able to convince anyone.
Either way, I hope you will be happy with whatever you decide on.

Posted By: BBIBH Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 07:48 PM
You make valid points, and are using good judgement.

You may not find anyone who has heard both...for the same reasons you have not. My concern about them is that they don't even list an address for the company. They appear to be the exact definition of internet based company. That being said, Axiom did have a dealer network, and a link to this list on the website. I recently went by a local dealer that once carried Axiom, and the store was completely gone!!!! I also can't find the link on the website anymore.

You found a great deal on the 2 for 1 deal....maybe that will sway your purchase! With regards to the looks, I was not implying bad looks, just that some models resembled other larger named companies models.

Perhaps a little background on your systems, wants, needs, desires and location will allow others to post comments to address them. You may be surprised at the objective nature of some of the people here!!!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 07:49 PM
MarkB,

I'll be honest; I've auditioned a lot of "high end" speakers like PSB, Energy and B&W to name a few. I liked the sound, but found that it would cost two to three times the price of the Axioms. Get this the Axioms SOUND (to my ears) better than the ones I mentioned.
I’m not biased here, if I found something much better, I probably would take a look.

I researched for several months and finally purchased the Axioms. I’m VERY happy that I did. I think you would be too. Before you go out and order anything, read some of the Axiom reviews, they are all over the place. Audioholics.com has a few reviews on the Axioms I think you will be very impressed. After all you get what you pay for with the exception of the Axioms of course and you get a lot of bang for your buck and no buyer remorse.

Tom

Posted By: littleb Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 08:29 PM
I'll try to be subjective here. I love my Axioms. I believe I would have a hard time replacing them for the same amount of money. However, I don't know that for a fact. Just to be fair to Mark I would have to say that the Streem 808's, from the description alone, seem to be a lot of speaker for $500 a pair. Mark, before you buy I would suggest that you look into how easy it would be to return these monsters if you don't like them. Axiom's don't cost a bundle to return.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 08:33 PM
Dear Mark,

It sounds like price point is very important to you. I want to respect that notion, while offering up a couple of observations.

First, all of the reviews I could find on Streem were by consumers, not by any trade journals or professional reviewers. Now, a satisfied customer base can be very compelling, but it would be nice to have SOME impartial validation. Axiom speakers have been favorably reviewed by experts and tradespeople, not just us knuckleheads on the forums.

Second, most of the time, you get what you pay for. Others will argue that with Axiom, you get MORE than what you pay for, and that same thing could be true for Streem as well. But the question you should be asking is, how do I figure out what is the best speaker for me for the amount of money I'm willing to spend? I just don't have enough data about Streem to feel comfortable, and the complete lack of company information on their website doesn't make me feel good either. I mean, there isn't even a phone number there!

Not all speakers are created equal, nor are all internet companies of similar repute.

I love my Axioms, and stories of their exemplary customer service are numerous.

Good luck with your decision.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 08:40 PM
i agree with tom.. there seems to be too many red-flags going up that alert me to be cautious with this streem company.. but, if you have a local store that carries them, go listen and see what you think. it never hurts to get some 'hands on' listening experience.

but, i would remain cautious. dig deep for any professional reviews. the whole "you get what you pay for" could come back to haunt you on this one!!

bigjohn
Posted By: MarkB Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 10:42 PM
People who have reviewed Streem's on Audioreview.com and e-Coustics have had very positive things to say about the product and the company's service.

However, since Streem is a new company, I haven't found any professional reviews of their product. I've read the pro reviews on Axiom, and they are excellent. I'm convinced the M60ti's are excellent speakers for the price.

I don't know if I can trust the reviews on Audioreview. If all you ever owned were a cheap pair of Sony's or JBL's, just about anything will sound good to you. I'm looking for some true audiophile advice from someone who has an ear for sound. I can't get that on the Web regarding Streem, or at least I haven't found it yet.

I don't just want good sound. I want GREAT sound, but at an affordable price. I'm looking to upgrade my old, underpowered Onkyo TX-80 to a Harman Kardon 3480, (2 channel A/B receiver with 120 Watts per). This is for music only, not home theatre.

I know the axiom that you get what you pay for. I also know that when it comes to high-end audio, you often pay for more than what you actually get. I've basically narrowed my speaker choices to Axiom and Streem since I want towers with big, crystal clear sound without the need for a sub at a good price (well under $1,000/pair.) I just don't know if Streem is in the same ballpark as Axiom. There aren't enough pro reviews out there yet. That's why I came here.

I listened to some Infinity Beta-50's at my local Circuit City and was extremely underwhelmed by their sound quality. And they wanted full MSRP at $998/pair. That sucks.

If the Streem's are at least comparable to the Axioms in sound quality, I'd be more than happy to pocket the $400. If not, then I'll bite the bullet and buy the M60ti's knowing that I'll most likely be extremely pleased with their sound, if not their price.

That's why I'm looking for people who've heard both. It takes a good ear to judge true value in speaker systems.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 11:12 PM
Good points. As I said in another post, I'm looking hard for pro reviewers. Haven't found any yet. That's part of my conundrum. I don't know if that's due to the fact that Streem's are too new, the fact that they've been overlooked because no one thinks you can get high quality speakers at that price, or that they just plain suck and the people who bought them don't know it.

Infinity Beta-50's have gotten rave reviews on Audioreview, but when I listened to them in a local chain store, they failed to shine. They sounded O.K. at low volume, and I thought turning them up would reveal better tonality. Didn't happen. They sounded louder, but worse. I was very disappointed since I heard an Infinity bookshelf speaker 15 years ago at another chain store that pumped great sound. It blew me away. What happened to Infinity since then? I guess they went mass market. $998/pair for the Beta's is a total rip-off in my book.

So, yes, I'm very price conscious. Often in audio you pay for more than what you get. I'm not saying that's the case with the M60's. Anything that gets stellar reviews from the pro's is more than O.K. in my book, especially at the prices Axiom's charging. They offer a lot of bang for the buck, no doubt. That's why Axiom has made it down to my final 2. And price is not my highest priority. Sound is.

Some of the reviewers on Audioreview are knowledgeable and state that Streem offers almost unheard of "bang for the buck" in the often over-priced speaker world. I'm just looking for independent confirmation of that fact before I give them a shot.

That's why I'm here, after all. I figure if an Axiom owner could give Streem its due, then it would be worth my time to examine them myself. If not, then I might go with the M60's. They're the safe bet at this point. But the gambler in me won't let me sleep!
Posted By: md55 Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 11:17 PM
A couple of comments: First the ultimate answer will always be how do the speakers sound to you, in your room. This depends on many factors. The music you like, the volume you like, room accoustics, how you set up the room, and what you like. So it will be very difficult to decide between speakers you haven't heard or lived with based on others opinions.

Second, Streem is a new company and they offer next to no information about the engineering of their products. Rather their specs are fairly generic descriptions of the components which sound okay, but aside from not raising red flags, tell you little. Generally good speakers require quite a bit of engineering and testing in their development. Given what is offered on the website and their price, I suspect this is not the case for Streem. I would expect their perfomance to be somewhat uneven. My guess is that you may get pretty good speakers for a pretty good price, but not great speakers for a really good price.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 11:27 PM
Quote: "My guess is that you may get pretty good speakers for a pretty good price, but not great speakers for a really good price."

That's exactly my worry. However, many reviewers on Audioreview have expressed the exact same initial skepticism as you mentioned, but that their fears were allayed once they got the product in their hands.

Since I'm not ready to buy yet, anyway, I felt some extra pre-purchase research couldn't hurt.
Posted By: ringmir Re: Streem Speakers - 08/19/04 11:53 PM
I would recommend auditioning the axioms, even if it is a little strange. I auditioned mine a few months back to a total stranger through this board and it was quite pleasant. We had some coffee, listened to some tunes, and then he went on his way. Listening to these speakers in a willing axiom owner's home will be much less annoying than dealing with pushy/snooty sales people in a high end audio store. And really, if you want to be sure of what you're getting it's worth the hour or so to go and give them a listen.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Streem Speakers - 08/20/04 08:17 AM
That was nice of you. I'm not too opposed to the idea. It's just that I'm not sure I'd be relaxed enough to really appreciate what I'm hearing. Things can sound differently when you're nervous compared to when you're relaxed. And I'd rather play my own music at the volumes I'm used to so that I have a reference to compare the sound to.

I'd probably just buy my own pair first. I might start with the Streem's since they're cheaper and go from there. The problem is I know there will be a strong tendency to keep whichever pair I buy first, and I don't want to make the wrong choice.

Do you know if the person who auditioned yours ended up buying them? And what type are they?
Posted By: HAY Re: Streem Speakers - 08/20/04 12:37 PM
Hey MarkB, I posted a similar question about the same Streem speakers here a couple months ago for a friend who was interested in them.

Long story short, we tried to get a hold of someone from Streem to no avail and couldn't get enough info on them. We live in the Toronto area and Streem is supposed to be in Niagara Falls so we hoped we could drive down (1.3 hours) but couldn't get an address.

I currently own a VP150 and definitely plan to buy M60's and QS8's down the road. I love my center channel and everyone that comes over laughs at the first sight of this huge monster and then say "Man that's nice!"

My buddy liked and wanted the axioms but didn't want to pay the price for everything at once. He also didn't want to build a system, he wanted 5.1 right away.

He wasn't nearly the audiophile then and bought a nice package of athena s5 (I think) and he is now converted. He loves his athena's and for his apartment size and listening levels their a good fit. He knows now though, once he gets his own place he will definitely spend the dough and get some towers and higher quality speakers. Most likely axioms

Good luck in your search and post either way you decide. Who knows, you could be one of the first to find the next great buy (streem) as we all were with axioms to our friends.
Posted By: ringmir Re: Streem Speakers - 08/20/04 12:51 PM
I don't know actually if he ended up buying them. I have m60s, vp150, and qs8s. I didn't find it to be awkward personally. He brought over some cds, I handed him the relevant remotes, and he listened for a while. All in all, I'd do it again without a second thought. So if you're in the Boston area, you can swing by and have a listen if you'd like.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Streem Speakers - 08/20/04 02:08 PM
MarkB,

I have had two auditions since I recieved my Axioms. In both situations, both auditionees (Is that a real word? ) purchased Axioms after hearing mine. I do not credit that to my being the suave and debonair host, but to the sound quality of the Axioms.

If you are able to find someone to audition their Axioms for you, take them up on it. I am sure that whomever would not mind "giving you the reins" and "letting you drive" so you can listen to them at the level you are used to...It does not cost you anything and may help you in your speaker quest.

Just my .02,

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Streem Speakers - 08/20/04 03:51 PM
I too have had a couple of people drop by to listen to the Axioms (perfect strangers from the boards). Both guys are really nice and we had a great, relaxed time doing it. In both instances, I let the auditioner take the reigns and play what he wanted to hear at teh volume etc that he wanted to. I enjoyed the experience, because, while I love my M60s, it is a rarity when I have the time to sit down and critically listen to them...

(With the Olympics on and work picking up, I haven't even had a chance to watch a movie on the new set-up - three week later...it's really a shame. I figure after the Olymipcs are over, I can dive into the stack of new, but never viewed DVDs that have begun piling up since life got busy.)

Anyway, the point is - don't be shy - you'll never get ahead that way. And remember, the guy offering the audition did just that - he OFFERED the audition. You won't be imposing or getting in his way. He'll probably be jazzed to hear your comments about hsi system and set-up, and he's likely to be excited about sharing his hobby with someone new.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Streem Search - 08/20/04 07:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I've heard some good things about Athena's. But a reviewer who's heard both said the Streem's sounded better - for less! I think your friend missed out on a bargain.

I'm sure he'll be happy with his Axiom upgrade if he can swing it, though.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Audition - 08/20/04 07:12 PM
Thanks for the offer. But, no, I live in Cincinnati.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Audition II - 08/20/04 07:18 PM
O.K.! O.K.! If you live in the Cincinnati area, I'll listen to your damn speakers!!

No, really, I will.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audition II - 08/20/04 07:19 PM
LOL! Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Your desires are irrelevant.
Posted By: Wid Re: Streem Search - 08/20/04 07:49 PM
It seems to me you are looking for someone here to legitimize your decision to buy the Streem speakers.Well go for it,you have been asked to see if someone is in your area has Axiom to audition but you say that would be uncomfortable for you.Another person says his friend instead of Streem bought Athena and you seem to say he missed out by not going with Streem instead.It seems to me you have already made your mind up and you want someone here to tell you that you are making the right decision,well I can't say you are or you are not,but hey give them a try and see if you do indeed like them.One thing I would be concerned with is there is no phone number to talk to an actual person.I doubt if the level of customer service would anything close to that of Axiom.Good luck with whatever speaker you decide on.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Streem Search - 08/20/04 08:08 PM
Wid, good reply. I was thinking the same thing you were after reading all the "But Stream..." Once I read about Stream I too took a look at their site. They seem like they have poured a lot of $$ into their site to make it pretty but the lack of a phone # is a red flag. What do you do if you don't like them, need tech support, ect. If you are looking at saving the extra $$ and want to pass up on the advice of everyone on this site, go for the streams and let us know what happened. You may be right and we could all be fools here but if it were me I would listen to the Axioms get a feel for them. If you like them buy both the Axioms and the Streams. If, as you say, the Streams are gods gift to speakers then keep them and send back the Axioms. Nice thing about Axiom is that you CAN call to return them, you CAN get tech support and you CAN have a compnay that will back their product up with a steller recordable and known histroy in Engineering. Good luck.
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Streem Search - 08/20/04 10:27 PM
Maybe Streem is a legit company. But to me, it feels like they should be selling their speakers out of the back of a van.

No company address? No phone number? Good luck with it. I hope you don't get ripped off.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Streem Search - 08/20/04 10:41 PM
KC, it's a white van....down by the river.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Streem Search - 08/21/04 07:09 AM
Don't worry. They're real. Read these reviews of their HT-808 system by satisfied customers on Audioreview.com.

http://www.audioreview.com/Home+Theater+Speaker+Systems/Streem/PRD_289946_4282crx.aspx#reviews

When some people find out they may not have gotten the "deal of the century" they get a little edgy. It's called "buyer's remorse." Deal with it.

This system has me thinking that I may go the HT route instead since I need to buy a new receiver anyway, it might as well be an AV one instead of 2-channel.

For $600 shipped for a 5 speaker system, I can't go far wrong, especially with glowing reviews like these.

I don't seek, nor need, anyone's validation. I'm perfectly capable of making up my own mind. I was only seeking additional information, and I knew some people around here would not be capable of impartiality.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Streem Search - 08/21/04 09:55 AM
I am sure we all believe they are real. As I stated in my posts, you are going to get the "Axioms are way better...." comments. That is to be expected on the mfg'ers board.

The "red flags" that are pointed out by the people who reply are all valid - no address, no telephone number, odd collection of designs (no central philosophy to design principles). Would you be comfortable buying other products from similar oriented mfg'ers?

BTW, we are enthusiasts who come to this board to discuss- rationally for the most part - audio. Yes, most own Axiom, some do not. Most believe Axiom is a quality product. Do I beleive they are the best? NO, and I can say I stated that from the beginning (I have owned Axiom since the late 1980's). I also own better speakers (Totem and Reference 3a) but will tell you that to get better the cost is greater. That is the core item with Axiom and the owners.

As for "buyers remorse", well, yes you could ALWAYS wonder "what if..." when you buy anything. Did you miss out on something buying A over B? You could drive yourself crazy playing that game in your mind. The way you try to minimize this is to compare, research and above all in audio - listen. Spend the time and effort to listen to as many products that fall into your price range as possible....and if I may some that are below and above so you have a reference point. You have been given the suggestion by many of us who replied to find a local Axiom owner and try to arrange a listen.

We have provided input, some has been objective, some passionate. I am sure based on this entire thread that you would be happy with either product. Please let us know how this works out for you, as even if you buy something else, you are still welcome on this board.

EOT
Posted By: Wid Re: Streem Search - 08/21/04 11:45 AM
Nobody is saying the Sreem might not be a good deal, after all $600 for 5 speakers.Remmember if it sounds to go to be true,well you know the rest of that story.As far as Audioreview goes its a good place to start a search but with only customer reviews you probably will not get an unbiased opinon.Like I said before go for it and report back on how you like them.

Buyers remorse. Not here I simply love my M80's.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Streem Search - 08/21/04 04:07 PM
"Methinks you doth protest too much." (Don't flame me on my Shakespeare, I'm not sure of the exact quote )

I would suggest that we drop this thread as it appears to me to be an attempt at generating some free advertising for those cheapo speakers.
Posted By: Yates28 Re: Streem Search - 08/21/04 05:05 PM
Mark I will also add that if for some reason you are unable to return the speakers should you buy them, I would think that you my have difficulty securing a high return if you tried selling them outright seeing that Streem is a New Company with a small customer base.

Al
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Streem Search - 08/21/04 09:28 PM
Well let me chime in here. I have been on the road and unable to post much but I will post on this subject. Ever heard a set of JBL's big boxes from the mid 80's?........good.......you just heard a Streem speaker. A buddy of mine has a set of RW-500's that he bought for home use. After 2 weeks they ended up out at his cottage. That should tell you a little something right there. They are an entry level speaker with questionable customer support and average build quality. Now given there price point, that is to be expected. They are a Radio Shack style speaker for lack of a better term. Are they Axiom's? no they are not. The Axioms are a much better speaker in every way imaginable. I will also echo what has been said here already, Axiom makes a good quality speaker with some of the best customer support I have come across. Are they the best speaker out there? Not even close but as with anything, you get what you pay for.

Someone made the comment that you get what you pay for and probably get a little bit extra with Axiom. I would have to agree with that thought.

Now before you go and jump on me and say I'm partial to Axiom, search out a few of my posts and you will find that to be totally untrue. I have had almost every Axiom speaker they make and I'm now running Monitor Audio's for my mains.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Streem Search - 08/21/04 11:48 PM
...and still not happy.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Streem Search - 08/22/04 03:33 AM
.............nope...............but it's not so much NotHappy as Upgradius is a never ending search for something that can not be found! :-) In a year from now I will be in here posting on some other speaker I'm trying out but hell, that is the game and I like the game!
Posted By: MarkB Re: Entry Level - 08/22/04 05:51 PM
Without having first heard them you can't comment on what level the Streem's are on. Entry level? Not from what I've read so far. JBL RW-500's can't hang with these.

Streem offers a 30 day in-home trial just like Axiom. Customer support, by all accounts on Audioreview, has been excellent. One guy got a set with a defective woofer. He sent it back, and it was fixed and returned in 3 days.

The fact that Axiom has not axed this thread is a credit to the company. It shows confidence in its product line. I admire that. Consumers like me need and deserve all the information they can get before making a buying decision.

The only valid knock against Streem so far is that some of their speakers, like the FS-808's, LOOK a little cheap. I like a more refined look too, but looks are not imperative for me. Sound is. So is cost.

This thread has caused me to rethink my buying decision. I no longer think 2-channel stereo is the way to go for me. Since I need a new tuner, the AV route makes a lot more sense. Why buy a $300 HK 3480 or even a $175 HK 3475 when I can get a Denon AVR 1804 (6-channel, 6.1 Surround, 90W/) for around $330 at "Abe's of Maine?"

AV is the way to go, especially if I can get a good quality 5-speaker system at a radically low price. I think I'd choose the Streem HT-500 for its better aesthetics (especially with the grills off), and even LOWER price.

http://www.streemspeakers.com/ht-500.asp

As far as getting what you pay for, sometimes you get more, like with Axiom. Then again, sometimes you get a LOT more.

That's where doing your homework comes in. I can't justify paying $800 for two towers if I can get a whole system for less if their quality is comparable. Not EQUAL, but comparable. I'm sure the Axiom's are better speakers. How much better is the issue. Since none of you have ever auditioned the Streem's, your opinions on its sound quality are nothing but invalid speculation. I came here asking if anyone had ever HEARD them, not whether you could offer an uninformed opinion.

From what I've read, the Streem's have at least earned a 30 day home trial. They are not entry level, just ridiculously inexpensive. Sometimes new companies have to slash prices to make a name for themselves. In that case, the early buyers who take a "risk" with them profit handsomely. That may be that case with Streem.

If not, then I'll send them back. Streem's are sold at retail outlets like "Station Street," so sending them back won't be a problem, whether through it or buying direct.

If I hit the lotto, I'll get the Epic 80 (or something better) and a $2,000 receiver. Until then I'm looking for the biggest bang for my buck. And right now, 2-channel stereo can't compete with 5-channel surround sound in my mind. Not if the sound quality is comparable.

Posted By: BigWill Re: Streem Speakers - 08/22/04 06:04 PM
"Since none of you have ever auditioned the Streem's, your opinions on its sound quality are nothing but invalid speculation. I came here asking if anyone had ever HEARD them, not whether you could offer an uninformed opinion."

You sure seem to love them without having ever heard them. It seems to me your opinion is as uninformed as ours - or is it?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Streem Speakers - 08/22/04 06:13 PM
Sounds like Neverhappy has...
Posted By: Wid Re: Streem Speakers - 08/22/04 09:58 PM
He must have skipped that part.I say if you don't like the answer don't ask the question.

In reply to:

Without having first heard them you can't comment on what level the Streem's are on. Entry level? Not from what I've read so far. JBL RW-500's can't hang with these.

.See he didn't closely read what Neverhappy said.He didn't say anything about JBL RW-500's the RW-500 was the model# for the Streem speakers he had heard.

Posted By: KCSkins Re: Streem Search - 08/22/04 11:35 PM
"When some people find out they may not have gotten the "deal of the century" they get a little edgy. It's called "buyer's remorse." Deal with it."

No, I don't have any buyer's remorse at all. I'm 100% happy with my speakers. And I wish you luck with these if you choose to buy them. I'd love to hear your reviews when you do, of course.

So it sounds like you can't go wrong if you think that the price is worth it. I don't know why you're here trying to convince us about it instead of going over to Streem's site to buy your dream package.

The reviews I've looked at all seem to be a bit suspicious. They mostly seem to be around the same dates, posted by people who have no other postings. It very well could be made up from someone at the company who's trying to falsify reviews to make it look like the speakers are really the "deal of the century" that you say they are. Most of the posts seem to be reviews of the shipping boxes, anyway.

So like I said, have at it and let us know what you think of them instead of trying to validate your decision by trying to convince everyone on the Axiom boards that you've found the most amazing thing to happen to home audio since electricity.

Good luck.
Posted By: MarkB Re: RW-500 - 08/22/04 11:48 PM
Point taken. I'll look into it.
Posted By: Wid Re: RW-500 - 08/22/04 11:58 PM
MarkB
Most people here just don't want to see you get ripped off.The point of this whole thread was to find someone that has heard the Streem speakers and you have,Neverhappy has and you didn't read what he actually said.For your money and I'm sure its hard earned you would be better off with something else.It doesn't have to be Axiom's there are plenty of good speaker's you could buy.Its just buyer beware.
Posted By: MarkB Re: RW-500 - 08/23/04 12:06 AM
Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. I simply misread the post. I apologize for that. I don't want to get ripped off either! Hee Hee!

That's why I'm here. Chatting on-line ain't costin' me nothin'. Which is about what I can afford right now.
Posted By: Wid Re: RW-500 - 08/23/04 12:13 AM
MarkB,
There you go young man,It sounds like you might have opened your mind.These folks here are pretty good people all you have to do is listen a bit and you will learn quite a bit.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Fake Posts - 08/23/04 12:21 AM
Quote: "The reviews I've looked at all seem to be a bit suspicious. They mostly seem to be around the same dates, posted by people who have no other postings. It very well could be made up from someone at the company who's trying to falsify reviews to make it look like the speakers are really the "deal of the century" that you say they are. Most of the posts seem to be reviews of the shipping boxes, anyway."

Point also taken. Some of the FS-808 reviews on Audioreview also appear of Streem's "customer reviews" page VERBATIM.

I think you smelled it out. Nice going, dog.
Posted By: MarkB Re: Fake Posts - 08/23/04 12:24 AM
I think it's time to report the above to the good folks at Audioreview.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Entry Level - 08/23/04 12:27 AM
In reply to:

your opinions on its sound quality are nothing but invalid speculation. I came here asking if anyone had ever HEARD them, not whether you could offer an uninformed opinion.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I have heard the RW-500 and they reminded me of mid 80's JBL's. Lot's of bass and not much else.

In reply to:

The only valid knock against Streem so far is that some of their speakers, like the FS-808's, LOOK a little cheap. I like a more refined look too, but looks are not imperative for me. Sound is. So is cost.

The only knock? I have my doubts.

Posted By: MarkB 7/11 - 08/23/04 12:31 AM
"It sound(s) like you might have opened your mind."

My mind is like a 7/11. It's always open.
Posted By: Wid Re: 7/11 - 08/23/04 12:32 AM
Its all good .
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: RW-500 - 08/23/04 12:36 AM
Nobody wants to see you get burned; everyone here is just as excited as you are with the whole HT experience. I hope you can understand why everyone is breathing down your neck about Axiom products. It truly is worth every cent. I love these speakers and could not understand why anybody would want anything different. Just remember that it seems like a lot up front, but it’s actually something that you will have to live with for a while.
Good Luck MarkB!

Tom

Posted By: MarkB Re: Axiom - 08/23/04 12:55 AM
I know Axiom's are good. I've read the pro reviews. That's why I'm here. Couldn't find any pro reviews on Streem, so I wanted someone's opinion who's heard both. Now that I've got it, that's all I need.

Scratch Streem from the list. 2 good to be true strikes again.

Thanx.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Axiom - 08/23/04 01:47 AM
Sorry bud, I thought you were some sort of shill. Good luck with the search.
BTW, I saw a GoodGuys ad the other day - they were blowing out 6.1 packages of Monitor Audio Bronze systems for $1299 (B4 towers and B2 surrounds), including a sub. Looked pretty solid for the money (I have Bronze 2s in an upstairs bedroom).
Posted By: MarkB Re: Shill - 08/23/04 07:20 AM
I can understand that. I thought you were just an a-hole. ;-) NOOC.

No, I'm not a shill. I'm just obsessed. A couple of weeks ago I decided to research the audio market in depth for the first time in my life. I've been swamped by all the options out there. I've been to so many sites and read so many reviews my head hurts. Speakers have caused me the biggest headache. I've quickly found that there are 2 sectors; high-end overpriced stuff that sounds great and low-end (though not always low-priced) rip-off stuff that sounds like garbage. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium. One side caters to the well-off audiophile and the other preys on the unsophisticated public. Axiom comes closest to the "third option" that I've found so far.

Streem was an illusion built on that obsession which in turn was built on my frustration. That dream is dead now. Sniff. :-( That's the bad news.

The good news is I won't have to try to unload those crappy speakers on a street corner....

from the back of a van....

down by the Ohio River!!!

Posted By: Ajax Re: Shill - 08/23/04 12:56 PM
Mark, I hope you'll forgive an old goat giving a whippersnapper some adivce.

All too many decisions in life are made difficult by "all the options out there." And all of us, at one time or another, have been swamped into making a wrong decision. IMHO, what you need to do is take a few deep breaths, relax, take your time, gather as much information as you can comfortably stand, do some unpressured thinking, listen to the little man inside, make your best decision, and go for it. Most of the time you'll do the right thing. Sometimes you won't. Either way, learn from the experience, Don't agonize too much. Life, believe me, is WAY too short.

Good luck. Be happy.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Audition II - 08/23/04 04:59 PM
In reply to:

O.K.! O.K.! If you live in the Cincinnati area, I'll listen to your damn speakers!!

I live in Louisville, only 90 miles or so down the road, and you can come and listen to my speakers.

Mark
Posted By: MtnBkr Re: Shill - 08/23/04 05:19 PM
whoa boy what a post! I got a link in my email this morn from my friend (an Axiom owner) about this Streem thread. Let's get right to it ... MarkB you ain't gonna find the answer you are looking for here ... this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff.

Whoever it was that said the RW-500's are just bass and nothing else either has no idea what he's talking about or is simply trying to smeer these speakers. I, yes ME, actually own a set of HT-500's from Streem and I can tell you that they absolutely rock. They are so far from "Lot's of bass and not much else" that that statement proves to me that this NeverHappy person is out and out lying. Being rear ported with a side firing 8" woofer the bass from these is actually quite subdued and the mids and highs are crisp and clear.

And just a note about the reviews, I purchased my HT-500 speakers a little over a month ago (after hearing the HT-808 package, which by the way has tons of bass if that is what you are looking for) and have received a "special offer" from Streem. What is the offer you ask? Well, let's just say that in appreciation for an honest, unbiased review on AudioReview.com they have offered select customers, including me, a bonus gift. Not a bad way for them to get their name out there, eh!

Seeing as I am not an AudioReview.com member it looks like I'll have to sign up for an account before posting my review. I suppose that explains the reviews from many new audio review members.

The moral of the story, if you want an honest opinion visit an unbiased website for your answers.

You wanted an opinion from someone that has heard both Axiom and Streem speakers so here I am. Axioms speakers may sound great but you can't get a better pair of speakers than Streem's for the money.

Have fun Mark.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Shill - 08/23/04 05:36 PM
Sniff, sniff.

Smells like shill.

I'm sure paying people is a real good way of getting unbiased reviews.

Mark

P.S. Other than Alan Lofft and rarely Amie, nobody from Axiom posts here. This board is not "staffed", but rather is posted to almost exclusively by satisfied Axiom owners. There are hundreds of us. How many satisfied Streem speaker owners are there posting on the internet?

P.P.S. I have never heard Streem speakers, so I make no claim as to their quality. As far as I know, thay may be the best speakers in the world. That does not change the fact that I love my Axioms.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/23/04 05:38 PM
What do you mean by this? "this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff."

I can tell you that I'm not getting a check from Axiom!
Thats because I'm not employeed by Axiom.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Shill - 08/23/04 05:46 PM
MTNBKR- i would have to ask the same question as tleigh..

if you are making the assumption that the members of this board are paid and work for axiom, then you are wrong. in fact, moderators from axiom araely bother this board.. actaully as someone has already mentioned, the fact that this thread is still active is a testament to axiom as a company and their confidence in their product.

you are terribly mistaken with the assumptions you are making about this board and the members that use it.

bigjohn
Posted By: Ajax Re: Shill - 08/23/04 05:48 PM
Normally I don't get sucked in by newbie trolls, but I couldn't let a few of his comments pass.

In reply to:

... this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff.

Well you demonstrated your ignorance right off the bat. Any Axiom staff member that posts here, and that doesn't happen often, has his/her screen name in red. Any poster who's just an ordinary Joe/Jane has their name in blue, just like you.

In reply to:

MarkB you ain't gonna find the answer you are looking for here ...

What he will find here are Axiom owners and others who will attempt to give as honest an opinion as possible. Will they be biased. Sure. Just as YOU ARE BIASED by your purchase. No more, no less. The biggest difference is we haven't gone to your home and insulted you.

In reply to:

Well, let's just say that in appreciation for an honest, unbiased review on AudioReview.com they have offered select customers, including me, a bonus gift. Not a bad way for them to get their name out there, eh!

Seeing as I am not an AudioReview.com member it looks like I'll have to sign up for an account before posting my review. I suppose that explains the reviews from many new audio review members.

Now let me see if I have this correct. You're getting a "gift" from the manufacturer for a review that, as yet, is unpublished? Did the manufacturer suggest you submit this review? Did they solicit reviews by offering a gift for anybody that would write an "unbiased" review? Sounds like payola to me.

In reply to:

that statement proves to me that this NeverHappy person is out and out lying.

Oh, VERY BAD FORM. Let's see, you come to the Axiom forum and in your first post call a member an out and out liar? Do you have any proof, or are you just libelous be nature?

Ah and the piece de resistance:

In reply to:

The moral of the story, if you want an honest opinion visit an unbiased website for your answers.

Oh like your opinion, for which you are receiving a "gift" is, of course, TOTALLY unbiased.

I know nothing about you, except for the fact that you seem to have the habit of going off half cocked, but I would suspect you are young and naive. It's a certainty that you are rude and unwise. I suggest that you take a little time to grow and when you learn how to behave, you will be welcome here anytime.

Now prove to me that I'm wrong by posting a well thought out, considerate, logical reply.

Apologies to you, MarkB, for my testy reply. It's been a tough day.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/23/04 06:00 PM
Oh yeah, btw, I'm on Axiom's payroll. Yeah, whatever, dude...
Posted By: BigWill Re: Shill - 08/23/04 06:11 PM
Ha ha ha, me too! Where's my effin' check?

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/23/04 06:25 PM
Nah, they gave me a full set of speakers free. Epic 80 with extra M22s, an extra VP150, and an extra EP350. Yeah.
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Shill - 08/23/04 06:34 PM
Very well said, Ajax.

What I find interesting about my experience with Axiom is that I knew nothing about the company before I started seeing positive professional reviews popping up all the time, along with positive reviews on Audioreview and the Axiom site. But what really caught my eye was the fact that even here, the reivews all seemed to say the same thing. They may not be the best speakers ever created (not that there is one "best speaker" anyway), but that for the money, the quality and sound are tough to beat.

If I would have seen reviews on this board that were trying to hard sell me on their speakers, much in the way that this new person seems to be doing, or how the original posting of this thread seemed to start out, I would have run the other way because it just would have seemed like a scam. The same scam that I think Streem speakers seems to be running.

Posted By: BigWill Re: Shill - 08/23/04 07:20 PM
Ditto that. I retract my apology.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Shill - 08/23/04 07:25 PM
I just checked out Audioreview.com. Streem main speakers have a total of 8 reviews. Axiom mains have a total of 189. Even though I don't place a lot of faith in the reviews there (after all, who is going to admit they bought crappy equipment?), 189 reviews carries a lot more weight than 8.

I'm not saying Streem speakers are bad, just that they're an unknown quantity, and their lack of a physical address, and reviews that are quotes from their website, raise red flags. I'd rather spend $800 on a sure thing than $400 on an unknown quantity.

Mark
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 12:09 AM
Oh boy.........what to say, what to say. I know..........nothing at all! Your post did more to state my case then I ever could. Well done! You have proved that this thread is a bogus attempt to gain attention to a bottom of the line speaker and not much else. I would however like to point out a few glaring errors that you conveniently overlooked:

In reply to:

this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff.

What part of "I'm currently running Monitor Audio's" did you not get? Do some research zippy before you post. I was unable to find a set of Axiom's that did it for 100%. Did you not get that? Do I need to go slower?

In reply to:

yes ME, actually own a set of HT-500's from Streem and I can tell you that they absolutely rock. They are so far from "Lot's of bass and not much else" that that statement proves to me that this NeverHappy person is out and out lying.

No, actually I think you are the one with the perception problem here. I don't much like being called a liar but it's funny, I have no desire to defend myself against you. I have bought and sold more quality stuff in the last 6 months then I'm sure you have ever owned and the folks on these boards know it. I have a basis for my comparisons. Do you? I have heard them and there junk. I didn't want to say it but if you want the truth, you got it. Bring them over and I guarantee you I can have them smoking in under 10 minutes. What have you owned before that you are comparing them to? In order for you to make a comparison of this nature I'm assuming you must have at one time owned better or perhaps..... god help you, worse? And please don't post that you have had B&W's, Paradigms, Totems, Monitor's etc as you will only embarrass yourself more then you already have.

In reply to:

they have offered select customers, including me, a bonus gift. Not a bad way for them to get their name out there, eh!

I think most people would prefer honest reviews that have not been biased by "Special Gifts" but this goes to show the nature of the company. I wouldn't buy from them based on that alone......and I bet you 10 to 1 I'm not the only one.

In reply to:

You got one and didn't like it. But just out of curiosity how would I find a site with honest thoughts on Streem speakers? I will also need to know how I can tell if I'm reading a post from somebody who got the "Special Gift".............God does that sound stupid. "Special Gift?"

In reply to:

You wanted an opinion from someone that has heard both Axiom and Streem speakers so here I am. Axioms speakers may sound great but you can't get a better pair of speakers than Streem's for the money.

Once again you got an opinion from someone who has heard both. The fact that you don't like what I have to say is to bad. We do however agree on your last point. Streem is a good value for the money until Wal Mart starts selling there own brand of speakers and then look out! :-)

Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 12:23 AM
Nevveyhappy,

You said all there is to say.Very well said.To call you a lair goes to show you he hasn't read one of your post or replies.He sure as heck didn't read what you had to say about the M80's.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 12:33 AM
Man on man an I getting enjoyment reading this thread. It's like watching a four year old trying to explain speakers to an Engineer. This could go on forever. I think MarkB has gotten the answers he was looking for even if it took a little guidance. All in all I find that these discusions, though long are very informative. The passion that people place on HT is remarkable (ie calling people a liar, stupid ect). My hope, and I'm sure that it is reflected around this board, is that MarkB makes a good decision regarding speakers. We have ALL been ripped off in some fashion and it leaves a taste in your mouth you don't soon forget. If anyone does live near this Stream owner we should put this to rest by having them listened to. With the vast amount of Axiom owners out there I am sure someone would be interested in listening to them.

As a consumer, if I was offered $$ to post a review I would be a little taken back, but again, that's just me.

Hell buddy, I've got this pile of brown stuff that came out of my dog that I swear smells like roses. It sells for $100.00 but if you review my dogs brown stuff, I'll give it to you for $10.50. If you don't like my dog's brown stuff then please email me because I don't have a phone yet and I can't tell you where the brown stuff is made, but it is the best stuff out there for the money. How about it???

Thought that I'd try to get some laughter out of us all.
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 12:36 AM
It worked.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 12:38 AM
Excellent reply. I wouldn't let Mr. Wal-Mart speaker lover get to you. The best gear he's owned is probably flea market style sheeet, something that says 5000 watts a channel and weighs 4 lbs. Pyramid comes to mind here…

The bottom line is that this guy was trying to piss off people here. If I had to guess, this guy probably is the VP of marketing at Streem. You never know.

Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 12:48 AM
I can see their Ads now..."BIG.. BIG SOUND AT BIG BIG SAVINGS. WANT BIG SOUND AND BIG SAVINGS, COME GET THEM NOW, NOW, NOW. THIS WEEKEND ONLY, AND ONLY THIS WEEKEND. COME TO THE COUNTY FAIR AND IF YOU REVIEW OUR SPEAKERS WE'LL GIVE THEM TO YOU FOR FREEEEEEEE" We need the guys voice that does the Monster Truck or Moter Cross ads to scream this one at you on the radio. Then have one of the spead talkers do the ending...."Only in Nepal, Tibet and Mongolia are these considered good speakers. Free speakers are only given to those between the ages of 90-90 1/4. Please see special details on the back of the speakers to see if they work with your system. Not all speakers are the same and may vary in color from black to yellow...."
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 12:59 AM
That's awesome! They should re-badge them to say "digital ready", Streem Ultimate, Streem Pro, Streem Classic Pro and perhaps Streem Ultimate Classic Pro. What do you think? In fine print it states that you have a 30-day return guarantee as long as you call or write…
"As seen on TV" might help with the sale. Buy one get one free, if you act now we'll through in this fine Pyramid 5000 watt per channel amp.

Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:07 AM
That sounds alot like These .
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:13 AM
No, no, no tleigh, the Ultra Gold Package is all wireless and if you upgrade today (see upgrade small print) to the Ultra Amazing Diamond Package (one time upgrade fee of $19.99/mo) you will get the mood package. With the Mood Package your speakers will be able to tell what mood you are in and play the that mood type of music or movie. Sad...Journey. Mad....Primus. Happy...Brady Bunch (only music played on these speakers). On top of this very, very special offer we will send out our Tech to set up your system for FREEEE!!! He will not only get your turn table working right but will also throw in a BETA cleaning rag for FREEEEE (see notes on page 101. Note, page 101 not supplied at this time). Now how can you, yes you, pass up on this one time offer.

I don't know why Stream has not contacted me to offer up a VP in Marketing position. I'll write up some reviews and all they have to give me are some of those fantastic speakers I've heard SO MUCH about.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:14 AM
Those darn white vans. I have encountered one in my life. Luckily I knew that it was a bunch of B.S. . They like hanging out by consumer electronic places like Best Buy. That was my case. I think they got a little nervous when I started to laugh, I couldn't help it. The "name brands" they had where all miss-spelled
They disappeared quickly after I got into my car.

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:18 AM
With my luck, the unit would be broken and only play ABBA.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:18 AM
ABBA is another package all by itself
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:28 AM
I know better than to post crap like this but I just can't help myself today......so.......forgive me while I walk on the dark side for a few moments.

ABBA = DANCING QUEEN = STREEM =?

How come all I can think of right now is that show called......wait it will come........Queer Eye For.......you know the rest!

Marketing 101 coming your way.........wait for it........NOW IN STORES NEAR YOU, THE NEW, THE ULTIMATE, THE BEST DAM SPEAKER YOU HAVE EVER HEARD ABBA ON...........AND NO IT'S NOT YOUR FATHERS 8 TRACK BUT IT SOUNDS DAM CLOSE! GET YOURS TODAY AND GET YOUR "SPECIAL GIFT" WHILE SUPPLIES LAST................STREEM............KEEPING THAT 8 TRACK SOUND ALIVE AND WELL!
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:28 AM
Whats wrong with ABBA I have their greatest hits.Really I do.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:30 AM
So do I and yes dam it, I admit it.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:33 AM
Here’s one more package. .
Chia driver kit. "Are you tired of those ugly black or silver drivers?" "Yes?" "Boy do we have something special for you!" “Chia now offers cone kits, just open the packet and sprinkle the special mixture on the driver and add water" "In two weeks you will have lush green vegetation that will truly express your Streem speakers." “Without a doubt, you will be the envy of your trailer park!” Ch Ch Ch CHIA!

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:35 AM
Nothing is wrong with ABBA. It just seemed suitable for the occasion. I couldn't think of anything else
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:36 AM
Thats it,the first step is to admit it.I like ABBA!

Looks like a ABBA hijack .
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:37 AM
We are here to support you
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:40 AM
Thank you my friend.A man that can admit they like ABBA is a secure man.I think.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:42 AM
In reply to:

Looks like a ABBA hijack

This thread needed to be highjacked. It's the best thing that could have happened to it! lol :-)
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:45 AM
Absolutely. It's all fun.
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:51 AM
We sure are giving it a go.GO ABBA.
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:53 AM
Tleigh,
At least its supposed to be.

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:59 AM
It's all fun till somebody calls me a liar.........then it's time to throw down! lol :-) I must admit that I got caught up in this thread. It's been fun.....and I have a feeling the fun is not over...........................
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:03 AM
To all of you. Don't get any wise ideas about trying to take over my VP of Streem Marketing. I have to give it to you, the Chia was pure gold. You could market that one to the tree hugger into HT. We could even make a steem package that is portable...we could...and wait for it....call it the boom box.... I know, I know I'm amazing at this marketing thing.

Now Abba, not quite sure about that one guys.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:03 AM
I think your right. Lets hope that he isn't too daring.
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:08 AM
You are right its probably not over yet.You really can't take that kind of person serious though.All they do is show their ignorance with comments like that.Besides we here all know better anyway.Even if we don't always agree we still don't subject each other to name calling.We can disargee and still get along.

ABBA RULES
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:11 AM
Along with the ideas mentioned above, don't forget the leopard skin (synthetic of course) grill covers or the burnt orange shag carpet upgrade. Alas, what about drivers that are translucent? It could have pretty lights that flash behind the drivers that have a logo that say “digital”. I think Wal-Mart had these Maybe it was Kmart, I don't remember.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:13 AM
Abba Rules Yeah!
Oh my god! what got into me?
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:15 AM
I don't know about that Wid. I think that NeverHappys is a Liar too. Kidding.

I think that people come to these boards with two things in mind.

1- Learn
2- To justify a purchase

Those that come to learn are here to see the mistakes that were made by those that came before them. To see what works, what does not. I know that I am a self confessed moron when it comes to HT, but I do know that by reading the threads, no only in Axiom, and doing a little research has gained me some insight into HT and has saved me a boat load of time and $$. I am sure that MarkB will make a purchase of some type and he will learn from that move one way or another. Like my favorire saying, "Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it." That goes for HT as well because Axiom has given us a huge learning resource with these threads. It is up to all of us to open our ears and close our mouths for a few seconds to learn. NeverHappy, I was kidding about the liar thing, kind of.
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:15 AM
You are being converted.

ABBA RULES
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:16 AM
I shall resist your vile ABBA-ness.

Oh damn, I've got ABBA Gold. At least it's my wife's. And I've never listened to it voluntarily.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:19 AM
Sure kcarlile. That's what they all say. Come out of the closet.

I am proud to say that ABBA does not reside in my home. Thank God. We cannot let ABBA take over this thread. It just seems wrong in some way. Next thing we know We'll be talking about place settings and color swatches.
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:20 AM
Don't be afraid to admit it,you know you love Abba.

ABBA RULES!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:20 AM
Actually, I prefer Madonna.

Oh crap.
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:22 AM
NO NO NO not Madonna.That I do NOT own.

ABBA RULES!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:23 AM
If you look up guilty pleasure in the dictionary, it says "see ABBA".
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:23 AM
I bet your all Cher fans as well. My god!
Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:24 AM
Oh how right you are!

ABBA RULES
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:25 AM
In reply to:

NO NO NO not Madonna.That I do NOT own.

I fessed up with ABBA but I draw the line at Madonna......Oh man, now I did it......have to run and listen to Megadeth.........that will purge Madonna from my system.

Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:26 AM
pmbuko, I see that you are in Oakland. Grew up in Alameda. I have some extra 49ers tickets that I cannot make it up for. Let me know if you are interested in buying them for face. Seats cannot be beat

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:27 AM
I'll only tolerate Cher at a gay dance club. And I've only been once.

Oh, come on -- a girl dragged me there.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:28 AM
Now, to all. Did you see that seamless transition out of ABBA talk into Football. That is how it's done around here.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:29 AM
ABBA Dancing Queen has plagued my head. where's that RUSH cd? It won't stop!

I'm melting.....
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:29 AM
pmbuko, come on man! You had to be in love to make that type of move. Did you get asked to dance?

Posted By: Wid Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:29 AM
Good night fella's, you boys are crazy.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:30 AM
I'm a fan of Jerry Rice and I'm proud of it!!!!!! (Rumour has it he also listens to ABBA)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:31 AM
Mama Mia! All these Dancing Queens are going to be my Waterloo!
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:32 AM
Hell, at least we got away from the Stream topic. But to tell you the truth I would take a pair of Streams over ABBA any day of the week.

To use ABBA and Jerry Rice in the same paragragh is just plain wrong.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:34 AM
I don't know if those Streems could make ABBA sound good.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:35 AM
NeverHappy, have to listened to the Outlaw audio sub LFM? Just got one and it sounds great. Read a few match ups and they came in well.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:35 AM
Like I mentioned, you will need the special ABBA package to make that music sound good. It's the package that is missing the power cord.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:36 AM
In reply to:

I don't know if those Streems could make ABBA sound good.

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:37 AM
Luckily these babies have solar power.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:38 AM
But if you read the fine print, "Solar Power only usable in Northern Alaska in winter."
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:42 AM
In reply to:

have to listened to the Outlaw audio sub LFM

As a matter of fact, I have. I know a dude who has 2 in a 20X20 room. They work well.....but they are not a SVS! lol :-)
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:45 AM
Oh yeah, I missed that
It's fun taking a break like this. I needed a GOOD laugh, everyone here is full of humor.

P.S. Wid I'm not going to be converted to a ABBA fan ...
I still need to flush out "Dancing Queen". It's worse than I thought. Crap!

Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:47 AM
Didn't like the huge foot print on the SVS. Wife would kill me. How far apart in sound/quality did you feel they were from one another? I also liked the outlaw price.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:48 AM
My bet tleigh is that you will be singing that on when you kiss your wife good night.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:49 AM
Dammit, man, now it's in my head? Oh, where art thou, Metallica?
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:54 AM
Blame it on tleigh. He's the one that infected this thread with the A#@A curse.

He should be put in "time out" for doing this to us.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:55 AM
Fair 'nuff.

Antidote!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:56 AM
Talk about "sucky".. What about Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse Of The Heart? Now that's a piece of work..

You're welcome !
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:57 AM
I concur!
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 02:58 AM
Antidote-

1) Enter kitchen, gather six pack of favorite beer.
2) Drink six pack of favorite beer
3) Go to store, get more beer
4) Drink more beer
5) Place Primus in CD case and blast A#@A away from mind forever
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:01 AM
In reply to:

How far apart in sound/quality did you feel they were from one another?

Honestly..........all bs a side. There was enough of a difference that I justified paying what I paid for the SVS. I could have bought 2 LFM's for less than what I paid for my SVS. I wanted one sub and one sub only and the SVS just did it for me. I don't want to get in to stuff I have already posted but I did a side by side with the SVS and a Servo from Paradigm which is a highly acclaimed sub, and the Paradigm wasn't even playing in the same league as the SVS.

The biggest compliment I can give the SVS is this, it's the one piece in my set-up that is not for sale. I buy and sell all the time just to try out new things and the SVS will remain a constant.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:01 AM
What are you trying to do to us.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:03 AM
It was only a concept! I thought it brought a lot of meaning to the original (now hi-jacked) post. OK, I'm at fault I’m in misery with the A**A thing too.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:03 AM
Well, I think that I will mope away with my LFM in hand with a review like that. Maybe one day with the $$ I will upgrade into an SVS or keep the LFM as a second.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:05 AM
Time out time! Everyone....all together now:

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

You're a teaser, you turn 'em on
Leave them burning and then you're gone
Looking out for another, anyone will do
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

Dig in the Dancing Queen
Dig in the Dancing Queen
Dig in the Dancing Queen
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:05 AM
You evil, evil bastard.

The worst one for me is Madonna's "Crazy For You."

Take that!

BTW, I don't like Madonna much. She's just better than ABBA.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:05 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:06 AM
With that I may have to convert to Stream just for their Message Board.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:07 AM
In reply to:

Well, I think that I will mope away with my LFM in hand with a review like that. Maybe one day with the $$ I will upgrade into an SVS or keep the LFM as a second.

You got a good sub dude. Don't sweat it at all. How big is your room? One reason for the SVS was due to my room size and there was no way in hell my wife was going to let me run 2 subs. But I must admit that even if I had not bought the PC-Ultra, I still would have bought an SVS at the end of the day.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:08 AM
Another bad on is, "Said I loved you but I lied." Don't remember the guys name that sang it. Bald up front with mullet back. Big in the 80's
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:10 AM
Oh God, the room is spinning. I'm going to get sick. (puke sound here). Oh God. Dry heave. Oh God! I don't remember having corn! Is that you Bonnie Tyler?

What are you trying to do to us?
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:10 AM
Everyone sing it with me.......by request............

SAID I LOVED YOU...BUT I LIED
You are the candle, love's the flame
A fire that burns through wind and rain
Shine your light on this heart of mine
Till the end of time
You came to me like the dawn through the night
Just shinin' like the sun
Out of my dreams and into my life
You are the one, you are the one

CHORUS:
Said I loved you but I lied
'Cause this is more than love I feel inside
Said I loved you but I was wrong
'Cause love could never ever feel so strong
Said I loved you but I lied

With all my soul I've tried in vain
How can mere words my heart explain
This taste of heaven so deep so true
I've found in you
So many reasons in so many ways
My life has just begun
Need you forever, I need you to stay

CHORUS:

You came to me like the dawn through the night
Just shinin' like the sun
Out of my dreams and into my life

CHORUS:

Said I loved you
But this is more than love I feel inside
Said I loved you....But I lied

Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:10 AM
Room is 20 x 28. Half for HT, other half for a pool table.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:13 AM
NeverHappy has some serios issues. You just don't do those things to people. It's like beating up a person in a wheel chair, you just don't do it.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:15 AM
In reply to:

Room is 20 x 28. Half for HT, other half for a pool table.

Dam, that's a big room....you should have got the SVS dude....Just kidding. After some recent mods I'm at roughly 24x24 and I can knock stuff off any wall listening to music and you would not tell me to turn the sub down. That is what I like about the SVS. It thumps hard but it doesn't draw attention to itself.

Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:15 AM
Lomb7:

For as much as it makes me sick to admit, I know the answer to this. lol

"Said I Loved You But I Lied" was done by Michael Bolton. Barf barf!! lol

Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:17 AM
Got the LFM in a few days ago. Have not had time find it's best location yet. Once I do I will crank it. The SVS was what $1200? Ouch! Sure it's nice but that is a hell of a lot of lap dances for a great sub.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:19 AM
Allright..........enough of this sissy Streem music. All you mid 30's people must remember this one.......I still catch myself singing it when it comes on the radio.....

Hold life, I'm gonna live it up I'm taking flight, I said I'll never give it up Stand tall, I'm a-young and kinda proud I'm on the top as long as the music's loud If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by You're thinking like a fool, cause it's a case of do or die Out there is a fortune waiting to be had If you think I'll let it go, you're mad You've got another thing coming You've got another thing coming That's right, here's where the talking ends Listen mister next there'll be some action spent Drive hard, calling all the shots I've got an ace car coming down the road If you think I'll sit around while they chip away my brain Listen, I ain't fooling, and you'd better think again Out there is a fortune waiting to be had You think I'll let it go, you're mad You've got another thing coming You've got another thing coming You've got another thing coming In this world we're living here We have our share of sorrows The answer now is don't give inTo any foreign use of power Oh so hot, no time to take a rest, Yeah There just ain't room for second best Real strong, got me some security I have a big smash, I'm going for infinity, Yeah If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by You're thinking like a fool, cause it's a case of do or die Out there is a fortune waiting to be had You think I'll let it go, you're mad You've got another thing coming You've got another thing coming

Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:20 AM
Bolton, YES! Now where would we all be if there was no Bolton music in the world?
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:22 AM
In reply to:

$1200? Ouch!

No kidding and hell I'm in Canada so it was like $2000.00 Canuck money! I bought as much as I could afford and more....but I have never looked back.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:23 AM
ha HA! I don't know that one!
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:24 AM
Judas Priest
You've Got Another Thing Coming
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:24 AM
OK NeverHappy, want to play hardball...Here comes some Dirty Dancing music at ya.

Now I've had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you
'Cause I've had the time of my life
And I owe it all to you

I've been waiting for so long
Now I've finally found someone
To stand by me
We saw the writing on the wall
As we felt this magical
Fantasy

Now with passion in our eyes
There's no way we could disguise it
Secretly
So we take each other's hand
'Cause we seem to understand
The urgency
Just remember

You're the one thing
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something
This could be love because

I've had the time of my life
No I never felt this way before
And I owe it all to you

Hey, baby

With my body and soul
I want you more than you'll ever know
So we'll just let it go
Don't be afraid to lose control, no
Yes I know what's on your mind
When you say, "Stay with me tonight"
Just remember

You're the one thing
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something
This could be love because

And I owe it all to you

But I've had the time of my life
And I've searched though every open door
Till I found the truth
And I owe it all to you

(SOLO)

Now I've had the time of my life
And I owe it all to you

And I owe it all to you

'Cause I've had the time of my life
And I've searched though every open door
Till I found the truth
And I owe it all to you...

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:24 AM
That helps. Judas Priest. I have a hard time listening to there stuff without thinking about .........
Oh well, it beats ABBA
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:25 AM
How about AC/DC, "Who's got the biggest balls of them all"

That one will kill all thoughts of abba
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:25 AM
that ain't right dude. It's not like I was doing Gloria Estevan or anything.........that was low, you cut me dude, you cut me real deep................Dirty Dancing......ouch!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:29 AM
Steely Dan Green Earrings help wash away the ABBA thoughts.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:29 AM
If it wasn't from my wife listening to his music all the time, I doubt I would know it either. lol

Now with that said, being a musician myself, I always give credit where credit is due, and over the years he has produced some fairly decent songs.

With that said, let me get it on record, I'm not a Bolton fan.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:29 AM
If you do that again, I'll pull out the big guns...
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:30 AM

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:31 AM
Vengeance is mine!

Like I always say what's good for the goose
Is always good for the gander
oh Sheila, oh, oh

2-Oh baby love me right
Let me love you till I get it right, hmm
Can't you let the others be
'Cause with you is where I got to be

Oh, sugar where you been
Hangin' out with your male friends
Listen, somebody's going to hurt you
The way you love, to keep hurting me, we say

1-Oh oh Sheila let me love you
Till the morning comes
Oh oh Sheila you know I want
To be the only one

3-Oh baby, understand that I want
To be the only man

But it seems you're screaming too hard
Now think yourself to have an only friend
Oh baby, it's plain to see
That you're qualified to fill my needs

4-I think you threw an oath on me
Honey, baby, just you wait and see

And we say
(repeat 1)

Oh baby, it's 1-2-3
I love you baby honestly, hmm, I want to
Di a di da li a di a di da li

Oh, oh Sheila...

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:31 AM
I varned you!

Macho, macho man....
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:32 AM
That's just wrong! Is this a puke fest?
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:33 AM
Now that's really wrong! The visual is terrible.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:34 AM
I take your Macho Man and send you back Mili Vanili!

TAKE THAT!!!!!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:35 AM
I take your Milli Vanilli and hit you with La, la bamba... La, la bamba!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:35 AM
Vanilla Ice, where would we be without him?
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:37 AM
I actually went back and read the lyrics for the last one I posted. I need help with this one:

Oh baby, it's 1-2-3
I love you baby honestly, hmm, I want to
Di a di da li a di a di da li

Di Di ditty what? He wants to what? Is this code of some kind......perhaps he has received a "Special Gift" and wants to share it with us?

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:37 AM
Can't touch this!
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:37 AM
Macho Man
Village People

Body, wanna feel my body, body, baby,
such a thrill, my body
Body, wanna touch my body, body, baby,
it's too much, my body
Body, check it out, my body, body, baby,
don't you doubt, my body
Body, talking about my body, body, baby,
checking out my body
Listen here
Every man wants to be a macho man
To have the kind of body always in demand
Joggin' in the mornings, go man go
Work up to the hill's top, muscles grow
You can best believe me
He's a macho man
Glad he took you down with anyone you can
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Macho, macho man
I gotta be a macho man
Macho macho man
I gotta be a macho
Macho, macho man
I gotta be a macho man
Macho macho man
I gotta be a macho
Body, my body, body, wanna feel my body
Body, baby, body, body, come and thrill my body
Body, baby, body, body, love to funk, my body
Body, baby, body, body, it's so hot, my body
So hot, yeah my body
Allright
Everyman ought to be a macho, macho man
To live a life of freedom, machos make a stand
Have your own lifestyles and ideals
Access the strip of competence, that's the skill
You can best believe that he's a macho man
He's the special god son in anybody's land
hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Macho, macho man
I gotta be a macho man
Macho macho man
I gotta be a macho
Macho, macho man
I gotta be a macho man
Macho macho man
I gotta be a macho
Macho, macho man
I gotta be a macho man
Macho macho man
I gotta be a macho
I gotta be a macho man
I gotta be a mucho mucho, macho macho man
I gotta be a macho

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:39 AM
1st verse
She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene
I said don’t mind, but what do you mean I am the one
Who will dance on the floor in the round
She said I am the one who will dance on the floor in the round
2nd verse
She told me her name was billie jean, as she caused a scene
Then every head turned with eyes that dreamed of being the one
Who will dance on the floor in the round

Bridge
People always told me be careful of what you do
And don’t go around breaking young girls’ hearts
And mother always told me be careful of who you love
And be careful of what you do ’cause the lie becomes the truth

Chorus
Billie jean is not my lover
She’s just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son

3rd verse
For forty days and forty nights
The law was on her side
But who can stand when she’s in demand
Her schemes and plans
’cause we danced on the floor in the round
So take my strong advice, just remember to always think twice
(do think twice)

4th verse
She told my baby,we where dancing still 3:00
Then she looked at me, she show me a photo
My baby cried, ’cause his eyes where like mine

Bridge
People always told me be careful of what you do
And don’t go around breaking young girls’ hearts
She came and stood right by me
Then the smell of sweet perfume
This happened much too soon
She called me to her room
Chorus
She says I am the one, she says he is my son
She says I am the one
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:39 AM
The Bee Gees, The most sickening sheet around!
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:41 AM
As for you, I take your La Bamaba and send you back Hey Macarena

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:47 AM
*****I WOULD JUST LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GOOD FOLKS AT STREEM. WHEN YOU THINK CHEESY MUSIC, THINK STREEM.........and don't forget to ask for your "Special Gift"
Posted By: BigWill Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:49 AM
Kind of off topic, but maybe Streem should run a contest like Axiom did. My suggestion would be, "Piss your money away with Streem."

And the winner gets the address of where to return his speakers.

(I know, my timing is off, but the baby has kept me busy tonight)
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:50 AM
Hey BigWill, how is the little one tonight?
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:50 AM
That's FUNNY.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 03:52 AM
Michael Jackson. Yikes that's disgusting. That rates up there with anything ABBA has to offer.
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Shill - 08/24/04 04:22 AM
In reply to:

*****I WOULD JUST LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GOOD FOLKS AT STREEM. WHEN YOU THINK CHEESY MUSIC, THINK STREEM.........and don't forget to ask for your "Special Gift"

LMAO!

Best Post of the Thread.™
Posted By: James_T Re: Shill - 08/24/04 06:18 AM
Ok, home from the german restaurant where I had some very good Tucher hefe and crystal weizen (founded by a distant ancestor of mine). Please forgive any incoherent-ness on my part. It's the beer talking.
To clear out the ABBA and Man w/o a Mirror, I chose TOOL. Hooker with a Penis.

My appologies if I missed any of the stronger swear words. I just love the "kiss my butt" attitude of this song.

I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a
Dope Beastie t, nipple rings, and
New tattoos that claimed that he
Was OGT,
From '92,
The first EP.

And in between
Sips of Coke
He told me that
He thought
We were sellin' out,
Layin' down,
Suckin' up
To the man.

Well now I've got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that f$%^&&' finger up your a$$.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb f%^&.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip s^&+,
And you bought one.

So I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the f%^&&&' man
Then you're the f%&^&*' man as well
So you can
Point that f^&*&' finger up your a$$.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb f&*(.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip s&*+,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
F#$k you, buddy.

jr

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/24/04 06:25 AM
Must... buy.... Tool!
Posted By: joshxfoo Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:24 PM
While we're all confessing our deepest, darkest secrets, I just want to step forward and admit that the first concert I ever attended was a Michael Bolton show. My mom loved him and she dragged my whole family along when he came to town. When he sang his version of "Lean On Me," the middle-aged woman next to us started moaning, "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, I would LOVE to lean on you, Michael."

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with Sutter, though. The only credit this man deserves is as one of the greatest abominations of all time. The other day, I saw him on TV doing something called "Hottest Babes of the 90s" where he named a few '90s celebrities and complained that they married someone other than him. It was really weird.

I did really like him in "Office Space," though

And don't any of you be hatin' on Michael Jackson. Pedophile or not, that's some solid pop music right there.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Shill - 08/24/04 01:53 PM
HOLY CRAP.. somebody musta put some goofy juice in ya'lls beer last night.. i log in to see 117 new posts on this STREEM thread.. i thought for sure i was gonna see their CEO proclaiming the attributes of their speakers.. instead, its just a bunch of wise crackin fuddy-duddy.. i loved it!

OK, it is impossible to remember every thought i had from the 117 new posts, but here goes..

STREEM SPEAKERS SUCK, I HAVE ABBA GREATEST HITS ON VINYL, ROB HALFORD WAS THE KING OF THE 80'S SCREAM, I ALWAYS GET LAID AFTER WATCHING DIRTY DANCING WITH MY WIFE, DIDNT EL DE BARGE SING THAT OH SHEILA SONG?, I WOULD LOVE TICKETS TO A 49ERS GAME IF I EVER VISIT SAN FRANCISCO, MICHAEL BOLTON IS A HELL OF A GOLFER, TOOL IS A VERY TRIPPY BAND, AND MICHAEL JACKSON LIKES CHILDREN WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

that about covers it.

bigjohn
Posted By: BigWill Re: Shill - 08/24/04 04:33 PM
"Mulholland Drive" I've got to buy a copy of that DVD.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Shill - 08/24/04 05:04 PM
In reply to:

Mulholland Drive" I've got to buy a copy of that DVD

????? please tell me you are kidding.. that was the biggest waste of 2 1/2 hours i have ever seen.. the movie made no sense, it had no point, and it stumbled aimlessly to create a huge waste of time and film. its only redeeming quality is the lesbo scene, and that aint even that good.

bigjohn
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Shill - 08/24/04 05:11 PM
19 pages of bile? I thought this was a Streem discussion? I really wanted to talk about Streem speakers some more.

Y'all have too much time on your hand.

I propose we start a lyrics thread in the OT section.
Posted By: James_T Re: Shill - 08/24/04 05:55 PM
I like David Lynch a good bit, but Mulholland Drive confused me and left me wondering "WTF?" Moreso than normal with Lynch films. I made it about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through and gave up. And I like weird ass crap like that. Cabinet of Dr Caligari anyone?

You might want to check out Bound....

jr
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Shill - 08/24/04 06:16 PM
ok...here are two names that defy description - even though I am sure someone will try!!!! LOL

Culture Club

WHAM!
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 06:21 PM
In reply to:

DIDNT EL DE BARGE SING THAT OH SHEILA SONG?

Close but that classic tune was sung by Ready For The World! It should be on everyones dance list!!!!!:-)
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Shill - 08/24/04 06:27 PM
i just watched the E! true life hollywood story of george michael the other night on TV. it was kinda funny to hear him talk about having to finally go public about being gay after his restroom arrest in 1998.. and i was thinkin, who didnt already know?? i mean, if you hadnt got a clue yet, then you are slower than frozen molasses. i could care less if the guy is gay or not, i just find it funny that he thought it was a BIG secret..

just as long as he wakes me up before he go-gos, i dont really care!!

bigjohn

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Shill - 08/24/04 06:34 PM
George Michael & Rob Halford from Judas Preist would make a nice couple.............Dance meets Metal.........!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Shill - 08/24/04 06:39 PM
I'm trying Not to visualize this.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Shill - 08/24/04 07:17 PM
In reply to:

I'm trying Not to visualize this

too late... i already did.. i think they make a cute couple.. rob with the chrome dome, and both with that ginghus kahn goatee.. but, if they got married, i bet it would be the most interestingly decorated reception hall you have ever seen!!!

bigjohn

Posted By: BigWill Re: Shill - 08/24/04 07:27 PM
Y'all are sick.

I must be pretty wacked myself because I thought "Mulholland Drive" was pretty tame - plot driven and simple - compared to "Lost Highway". LH was annoying because the wife kept asking me what was going on.
MD made me feel like a kid again.
Posted By: James_T Re: Shill - 08/24/04 07:48 PM
I think I saw George and Rob walking over to the Fulsom St. fair least year. Or maybe it was the nearest starbucks when the "Bear" convention was in town... :P

jr
Posted By: MarkB Re: MtnBkr - 08/24/04 09:07 PM
I can see this has degenerated into a flame war.

I seriously doubt "MtnBkr" is just a Streem shill who was waiting around here for me to find him. I know I'm no shill. That means the reviews on Audioreview must be correct. Streem is a paying sponsor on Audioreview's Web site. That means Audioreview must have some degree of confidence in the company.

All in all, this was HIGHLY educational. I'm glad I posted.

Thanks to "MtnBkr" for the honest advice in a sea of flame warriors.

"Buyer's Remorse" Strikes Again!!!! For all the Axiom owners who turned this into a flame war, get a life. You failed to represent your brand well. I gave you a chance, but you failed miserably. Goodbye.

Thanks again to "MtnBkr." I appreciate the help. Please register on Audioreview to post your FULL review. There are only a small number of Streem reviews right now, so I didn't know if I could trust them. Thanks again.

I knew I would get a lot of biased opinions around here. I'm not stupid. I was hoping there would be one "MtnBkr" in the herd, and was rewarded.

You rock, dude! Thank You!!
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: MtnBkr - 08/24/04 09:45 PM
For a bit it did, but you neglect to mention who chose to take it down that path. Wasn't me or any other regular on these boards. This thread was nothing more then an attempt to give credibility to something that has none. It didn't work and we had fun with it....Plain and Simple.

In reply to:

"Buyer's Remorse" Strikes Again!!!! For all the Axiom owners who turned this into a flame war, get a life. You failed to represent your brand well. I gave you a chance, but you failed miserably. Goodbye.

What gives here? I thought I was going slow enough but let's try again......................I.........own..........Monitor..........Audio's!

In reply to:

Thanks again to "MtnBkr." I appreciate the help. Please register on Audioreview to post your FULL review.

Yes please do and don't forget to claim your "Special Gift"

In reply to:

I knew I would get a lot of biased opinions around here. I'm not stupid. I was hoping there would be one "MtnBkr" in the herd, and was rewarded.

That line says more then I could ever hope to say! Enjoy your speakers and please come back and post your thoughts on them................and dam it man, we are all dieing to know what the "Special Gift" is!

Posted By: Radspecv Re: MtnBkr - 08/24/04 10:12 PM
OMG that's funny - I leave town for a few days and this is what you guys do with your time? I had to struggle to keep from attracting the attention of people in adjacent cubes when I was reading through that stuff and LMAO. I guess we can draw a few conclusions related to the original intent of this post - Streem speakers suck - mtnbkr is a shill - one flame post and he's gone without addressing any responses. MarkB is either a complete moron or a shill or both. I'd opt for option number 3. There's no way a normal human could read this thread and still think that getting Streem speakers was a good idea. They're probably pretty sad that we didn't all ooooh and ahhhh over the all-powerful Streem speakers. Anyway, I got many more posts to get through.

Pete

PS - we should all concentrate our efforts where they matter - in the Beer Thread

PPS - I like ABBA, and Madonna and Metallica
Posted By: Thasp Re: Shill - 08/26/04 02:59 AM
Tool is damn good. :|

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Shill - 08/26/04 01:25 PM
oh, dont get me wrong, i like them, but they are still trippy..

perfect example-- that last song on the 'prison sex' album, i think its track #69.. it has the infamous, "let the rabbits wear glasses" harvest day speech, then 15 minutes of crickets chirping? now that is trippy.. BTW- anyone with QS8's, if you want the sense of laying in a very remote field in the middle of the night.. put this cd in, and listen to the 15 minute cricket solo.. it is almost hallucinegenic..

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/26/04 02:17 PM
I love that song. People always look at me funny when I quote it, though...
Posted By: James_T Re: Shill - 08/26/04 05:23 PM
Die Eier von Satan.

It's a recipe for making hash-cookies. Not that I ever tried it. I'm just saying....

As much as I like the last tool song I quoted, I think that my favorite song is Aenima of the same album. I'm hoping for some beech front property on Arizona Bay.

jr
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shill - 08/26/04 07:03 PM
Great album overall. I love Die Eier von Satan. Und keine eier!
Posted By: TheCabinGuy The real LOSER - 08/27/04 03:26 AM
First let me apologise for posting in this thread. I'm fairly sure that most here want to see it gone. I will be brief and to the point. I will be posting here and in the other thread that deals with this subject. (Same post)

First things first.

I happen to be the owner of the Streem speakers John (NeverHappy) was making reference to in these forums. I have a pair and he has heard them on numerous occasions at my cabin. Calling him a liar is uncalled for and to be blunt, stupid, childish, moronic, and a whole lot of other words that I'm sure you MarkB aka MtnBkr or vice versa would not be able to comprehend..... so I will spare you the trouble of digging out your copy of "Words For Dummies". Yep, you got it, John won't take shots at you but I got no problem doing it although I feel bad. So far everyone you have taken on here has given it back ten fold and your responses, well are lacking.

I purchased these speakers for a spare room I have in my house. My plan was to set something up for my teenage son but after hearing them, that quickly changed. Even my 14 year old didn't want to keep them. Yes they are in fact that bad. The only reason I still have them is because I needed something at my cabin that was low cost due to the high number of break and enters in and around our lake. I will not lose any sleep if I do happen to be vandalized and they are taken.

I won't bore anyone with details on what makes these speakers not worth the time of day as John got it right with his analogy on mid 80's speakers. He can also explain it far better then I can. I buy stuff and have it for years. John seems to have a new system every 6 months. It seems to be an addiction to some extent.

What is with the two names anyway MarkB aka MtnBkr , Identity crisis? Compensating perhaps? Are you one of those little boy's who's mommy didn't breast feed you long enough? Perhaps to long? Perhaps she hasn't stopped? It's clear that you are in fact one in the same. If not and there are two of you out there who think like this, GOD help us all!

John, buddy, please don't be pissed I posted here but the BS this clown was throwing at you was a joke. If anyone has any problems with me defending John against this fool, sorry but it had to be done.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: The real LOSER - 08/30/04 06:22 AM
I have a new theory:

MarkB, MtnBkr, TheCabinGuy, and NeverHappy are ALL THE SAME PERSON! I guess it was getting too quiet around here for NeverHappy so he concocted this whole argument with himself to bring some spice into our lives.

Thanks NH!
Posted By: lomb7 Re: The real LOSER - 08/30/04 03:08 PM
Sure, point the finger in that direction. Should we now call you Mr. Misinformation.... I think that you! Yes you killed the Streem speaker, in the Kitchen, with the wrench.....You, MarkB! Or should we refer to you are Prof. MarkB?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: The real LOSER - 08/30/04 03:36 PM
ok, how about this one:

it was none other than our lady of the board.....AMIE!!!

She was doing market research and searching for answers as to why the world believes tha Bush wants to cut.....err, sorry, slid into another thread!!! She wanted to hear about the new competitor on the block, offered gifts to get proper numbers of satisfied Axiom reviews, dreamt up the entire message board, invented the trolls to annoy us...and then, oh yes, cleverly hid until she had her research....THEN came out with a bbq comment, all devised to deflect our thoughts that she was the one.......

Classic Neo Pavlovian Rachoff Technique for Immediate Blame Shifting.........

or maybe I just need more sleep!!! LOL
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: The real LOSER - 08/30/04 09:00 PM
In reply to:

MarkB, MtnBkr, TheCabinGuy, and NeverHappy are ALL THE SAME PERSON! I guess it was getting too quiet around here for NeverHappy so he concocted this whole argument with himself to bring some spice into our lives.

Oh man........I told you to keep it on the down low. My secret is out. :-) I hope you didn't tell anyone that I own Streem speakers and Radio Shack did you...............? :-)

Posted By: lomb7 Re: The real LOSER - 08/30/04 10:09 PM
By God I think your right. It is the evil AMIE. BBIBH, I hope you lock your doors at night. I hear that she has the, "I would tell you but would have to kill you" thing going for her.

She is devilish. Getting us thinking about crap speakers and then when we're almost onto her she brings up food, and bbq no less.

The thought of slow cooked ribs, smothered in bbq sauce followed by a nice cold beer and some chicken wings....mmmmmm....nice....chicken wings....mmmmm.....Wait, wait, what were we talking about again? AMIE cooking bbq?
Posted By: bray Re: The real LOSER - 08/30/04 11:04 PM
Is Axiom gonna throw a BBQ???? Cool! Aime let us know the details as soon as you can. I'm hungry.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: The real LOSER - 08/30/04 11:45 PM
Axiom throwing a BBQ! Great idea Aime. As customers we are so lucky to have service like this. I cannot tell you how much this means to us. I've got the beer. Again, Amie, great idea.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: The real LOSER - 08/31/04 12:00 AM
Great, who's picking up the plane tickets?
Posted By: lomb7 Re: The real LOSER - 08/31/04 12:52 AM
AMIE said she'd get those too....sure that's the ticket

Posted By: Ken.C Re: The real LOSER - 08/31/04 01:26 AM
Sweet. I'm there.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: The real LOSER - 08/31/04 02:08 AM
What's on the menu ?
Posted By: BigWill Re: The real LOSER - 08/31/04 02:09 AM
Moose and reindeer.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: The real LOSER - 08/31/04 02:12 AM
Sounds good. Just add BBQ sauce and more sauce...
Posted By: Amie The BBQ! - 09/01/04 07:34 PM
Hey, Axiom turns 25 in 2005. We should have a BBQ!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: The BBQ! - 09/01/04 07:47 PM
I'm in.

Axiom should sell a 25th Anniversary Series speaker. What do you think?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: The BBQ! - 09/02/04 01:33 AM
That means you should give away 25 pairs of speakers -- starting with the most prolific poster and working back from there, of course.
Posted By: bray Re: The BBQ! - 09/02/04 01:59 AM
Aime
If you do (decide on a BBQ) let us know. Sounds like a good excuse for a vacation in Canada. ( I've never been)
Posted By: BigWill Re: The BBQ! - 09/02/04 02:02 AM
That's a good idea! The anniversary speakers should have awesome finishes on them and little numbered plaques.
Posted By: ringmir Re: The BBQ! - 09/02/04 02:18 AM
I turn 25 in 2005 too! Let's bbq!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: The BBQ! - 09/02/04 03:00 AM
The man himself could sign them. And maybe use a wood veneer finish and make it a speaker that isn't in their normal business model. Sure it would probably cost a little more, but it would be worth it to some degree.

Wishful thinking is my guess.

© Axiom Message Boards