Axiom Home Page
I'm looking for a good multi disc SACD player between 250.00 and 350.00. Any suggestions?
Brady, sorry you aren't getting more response to this. I did a quick search over at eCost and couldn't come up with anything but a Sony Carousel player for $399 which is more than you're looking to spend.

There is the Samsung DVD941 which is due out sometime between September and November. MSRP is supposed to $350, but you can find it available for pre-ordering at various places, like Amazon.com for $299. But, since it hasn't been released, it's an unknown quantity.

Other than that, I'm not gonna be much help.
Brady, because of the convenience of a mega-changer, I'd suggest that you consider the Sony 985 . A five disc changer is the Philips 795 .
I'd recommend the Sony DVP 685V. It is supposed to be identical to my 755V only with 5 disc capabilities. SACD playback is awesome. I would recommend using a digital out for redbook playback. Redbook playback isn't as good as my old Sony 5 disc changer. After I came to these conclusions, I found my findings to be backed by an article in The Absolute Sound.
What is Redbook playback?
redbook is just a set of standard for CD audio. In addition to specifying the 44.1 KHz, 16-bit stereo audio format, it also states that a CD should be no longer than 78 minutes and have a maximum of 99 tracks. It goes into much more detail than that -- like how the data is stored, the physical dimensions of the media.
Phillips makes one called the DVD795SA or something like that i believe an it runs around $150 i know my budd has one an was impressed with it
© Axiom Message Boards