Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bray Any thoughts on Boston subs?? - 09/10/04 03:14 PM
I ran across a GREAT deal on a Boston sub, and was wondering if any of you guys had any experiance with them.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Any thoughts on Boston subs?? - 09/10/04 03:41 PM
i have never heard them bray.. but did you see spiff's post here about the clearance on the old STf-2's? looks like a pretty good deal to me!!

bigjohn
Posted By: bray Re: Any thoughts on Boston subs?? - 09/10/04 04:20 PM
Yea, I saw that post and would consider it, except I think I could get the Boston for under 150.00. Its the Boston PV900.
I dont even want to spend 150.00, if its a crappy sub. I was just hopeing someone around here had some experiance with them.
If I dont get any feedback by the end of the day, I'll probably go with the HSU.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Any thoughts on Boston subs?? - 09/10/04 05:24 PM
That HSU deal is a steal.

I'd buy one if I wasn't moving.
Posted By: ericb Re: Any thoughts on Boston subs?? - 09/10/04 05:46 PM
I had a Boston PV700 along with a set of Boston speakers just before I bought my Axioms. I thought the PV700 was very boomy and not very musical. I ended up returning it and buying an Outlaw sub (similar to the STF-3), which has a nice tight sound.

Very cheap price for the Boston sub (retails for $700). In general Boston Acoustics makes some very good quality products but I think their price/performance ratio kind of stinks.
Posted By: pablo Re: Any thoughts on Boston subs?? - 09/10/04 07:14 PM
bray,

I'm not sure where in Texas you live, but in the Dallas area Tweeter (and Hillcrest) stores they carry Boston speakers and subs. You might try there for a quick listen. I haven't heard that Boston sub, but did audition their bookshelf reference series. I think they're good, but are like $1,000/pr, versus Axiom M3's, which IMO sound better.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Any thoughts on Boston subs?? - 09/10/04 07:56 PM
I had a Boston VR500 that I thought was a good sub till I got my SVS. The VR500 now that I look back was boomy and sucked bigtime with music. Worked ok for HT though.
© Axiom Message Boards