Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dmw Audio Componant Stand - 09/26/04 11:36 PM
I'm trying to replace the beat up stand I've used for my stereo for years. I dont need anything fancy. On the other hand, I'm so tried of particle board cabinetry. I keep swearing I won't buy another article that isn't solid wood, but next thing you know I'm doing it again. Of course, the M80's I just bought are particle board themselves, but that's besides the point!
I was at Meijers today and they have a stand for only $99. It is a grey-black color that might look good with the black oak speakers I bought. The price is great, but it weighs about 90 lbs. I couldnt even get it into the cart. I gave up and decided to shop a little.
If anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them. I dont need anything fancy, but real wood might be nice if it weren't too expensive.

Thanks
dan
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Audio Componant Stand - 09/26/04 11:53 PM
dmw,

Try racks and stands http://www.racksandstands.com .

FYI, most speaker produced are made of particle board (medium density fiber board).
Posted By: BrenR Re: Audio Componant Stand - 09/27/04 04:25 AM
In reply to:

Of course, the M80's I just bought are particle board themselves, but that's besides the point!

Correction - MDF - medium density fibreboard (or fiberboard for the Americans)... MDF is incredible stuff - dense, takes screws well, the flat sides you could set a straightedge to. Particle board is reserved for $10 Sauder unassembled furniture kits.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards