Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Daphoid Ow...loud... - 10/01/04 06:56 PM
So I'm home alone again, and I cranked it as usual... I discovered today that -3.5 DB's is really loud.... I had it at +11 once, but I don't think it was calibrated right... also keep in mind in the center of my room I'm about 7 feet from m60's, vp150, and qs8's...... I really need a bigger room

I think my nose is actually starting to bleed, it's sore anyways..... I've turned it down now

but OW!

Fun though!

- D
Posted By: LT61 Re: Ow...loud... - 10/01/04 06:59 PM
The name says it all.............Axiom LOUDspeakers!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Ow...loud... - 10/01/04 09:39 PM
I to have noticed with my Denon 2805/Axiom combination that is currently in our living room that watching movies between -25 and -16 DB's is comfortable, I wonder when I move down to the basement once my HT room is finished to a much bigger area if things will change. I'm sure once I recalibrate my Auto Setup and Room EQ things may be differant.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Ow...loud... - 10/02/04 12:08 AM
I found a huge difference when I moved my system from an upstairs bedroom to a big rec room in the basement. The big room just seems to suck up the sound, had to turn the volume control up a lot higher for the same perceived volume.

I didn't have the sound level meter at the time or would have measured the difference... and NO I'm not going to haul it all upstairs and measure now.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Ow...loud... - 10/02/04 12:26 AM
same here,i went from a 13x17 living room to a 24x24 room and i thought something was wrong with the stereo cause it didnt have the balls it used to.i knew it would be somewhat lower but not as much as it is....bottom line bigger rooms need bigger sound
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Ow...loud... - 10/02/04 05:17 AM
In reply to:

bigger rooms need bigger sound

That pretty much nails it Ron.
You could also add...need bigger speakers...need bigger ears....
Posted By: Daphoid Re: Ow...loud... - 10/02/04 06:07 PM
Bigger room indeed, that's why I have M60's, VP150, QS8's, and a SVS PB2-Plus... I can fill a big room if I ever get one

Also I engaged the protection circuit in my receiver yesterday.... receiver must've gotten too hot, or maybe it was pushing way to much power.... I *was* listening to it at 0db

- D
© Axiom Message Boards