Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Prozakk Fair price to sell speakers? - 10/02/04 07:03 AM
I have a 7 speaker set I want to sell on ebay, to help for buying Axiom. They're all Paradigm Monitor V.3's, black, flawless condition, with original boxes, 8 months old.

Pair of Monitor 5
2 Pair Mini Monitor
CC-370

What percentage off what I paid is a fair "buy now" price?
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Fair price to sell speakers? - 10/02/04 12:42 PM
I'd say about 35-40% off for the buy it now option and start the actual auction out really low with a somewhat high reserve.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Fair price to sell speakers? - 10/02/04 03:01 PM
I have sold a few things on E-Bay and for some odd reason, the auctions that bring me the most money are the ones where I start it at $1.00 with no reserve and just let it go.

I came across a Carver amp in my house and fooled around with it for about a week and then I lost interest. If someone had asked I would have sold it for $150.00US. I threw it on E-Bay with no reserve and started the auction at a buck and it went for $265.01US. This is the best part. Some other guy had the same amp for sale on E-Bay with a reserve and the auction ended with bidding at $110.00US and the reserve was not met.
Posted By: Prozakk Re: Fair price to sell speakers? - 10/02/04 04:52 PM
Due to lack of bids on Paradigm @ ebay, there's no way I'd do no reserve. 35-40% off, also NO WAY! They look just like they did when I bought them & have original boxes. I'll have to go talk to a Doctor friend of mine...he expressed interest in buying himself speakers, & was asking me where to go auditioning.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Fair price to sell speakers? - 10/02/04 05:25 PM
In reply to:

35-40% off, also NO WAY!

Heh - sorry - I didn't mean to offend. It's just that I would never buy a used product for more than 65% original value... But then again, I cannot stand buying used unless it's a collector's item (like my Sega Nomad for which I paid $95 on ebay in mint, scratchless condition.)
Posted By: Prozakk Re: Fair price to sell speakers? - 10/02/04 06:47 PM
Not offended. Not at all. Just no way I'd take more than 20% off what I paid...which was 15% below retail. There's already 35% right there. 35-40% off what I paid + 15% = 50-55% off retail. Also they were purchased before the Paradigm price increase, which was about ANOTHER 3-5%.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Fair price to sell speakers? - 10/02/04 07:24 PM
I always post items for sale on craigslist and it has never let me down. I'm not sure how well known it is in your area, but it's worth a shot. If you really want to sell your speakers, you need to consider chopping at least 15% off the retail price.
Posted By: Prozakk Re: Fair price to sell speakers? - 10/03/04 02:55 PM
Barely anything related to HT in my area with that.
© Axiom Message Boards