Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lando622 New Onkyo SR 600 Receiver - 04/09/02 04:33 PM
Hey everyone,
Has anyone had an opportunity to check out Onkyo's new SR 600 receiver? I know it has just come out so it may be tough to find locally, but a couple Onkyo authorized internet dealers have this receiver at the same price (shipping included) as the Denon 1802. I am saving for the 1802, but am tempted by the 6-channel capability (future-proofing) and component video switching that the 600 offers over the Denon (they're both rated for 80watts per channel). I imagine Denon will "fire back" in the near future, but I'm making my purchase in about a month. If anyone has any thoughts or hears anything, please post!
Rob
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: New Onkyo SR 600 Receiver - 04/09/02 05:43 PM
Rob

I bought the Denon 1602, and have no regrets.
I'm not sure 6.1 will be a huge advantage over 5.1, it's not exactly revolutionary to put one more channel in the back. I saw the Gladiator in 6.1, and didn't really hear much difference from 5.1. When 9.1 gets big, that will be a different story!

Your best bet is to listen to both on the same speaker setup with the same source, and see which one you prefer.
Posted By: lando622 Re: New Onkyo SR 600 Receiver - 04/09/02 06:06 PM
Ravi,
Good points. I'll give it a shot as I'm in no real hurry. Thanks, and have a good one.
Rob
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Onkyo SR 600 Receiver - 04/12/02 02:39 AM
word has it that denon is planning to replace all of its receivers with an xx03 series. they've already started replacing the 5802 with the 5803. suuposedly, i hear the rest of their line is supposed to follow suit sometime around august. but they're being very tight-lipped about what changes will be made to the xx02 line.
© Axiom Message Boards