Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Hitchhiker's Guide movie trailer released. - 02/16/05 09:44 PM
Movie Trailer. Should be better than Lucas' latest.
I can't seem to get it to work for me (in FF or IE). Is this different than the one that came out a while ago of the earth exploding (with 42 in stars in the upper left)?

jr
it's the "feature length" trailer, not just a sneak preview. It's a flash-based player (for some reason).
That looks great !!
One Pan Galactic Gargleblaster, please...

Don't Panic!

April 29th will be here before you know it.

WhatFurrer
It seems interesting. I have heard a lot about "THGTTG" but actually knew nothing about it. I was always curious about what the story would be about, whether it was a narrative fiction or a piece of scientific theory... I guess now I know.

Curiously, it seems to have the bubble gum feel of "Galaxy Quest" and seemed reminiscent of the scale of "Fifth Element." I think that this will be more of a Men in Black, fun lovin' action adventure sci-fi movie than Star Wars will be.

Seems interesting. Defintely will go see it this summer.

It's gonna be fun. Star Wars III, War of the Worlds, THGTTG, Batman Begins, am I missing any? Hopefully they all won't suck.
In reply to:

Hopefully they all won't suck

but chances are pretty good they will.

i think they build 'em up too much.. i mean, when you start hearing about a movie LAST summer, that aint due out til THIS summer, thats just way too early. plus, these whole summer spectacular blockbusters have been big BUSTS the last few years. but, it is time for a reprieve.

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hitchhiker's Guide movie trailer released. - 02/17/05 08:21 PM
Uh.... I would read the books first. The Hitchhiker's Trilogy. By Douglas Adams. Classic scifi comedy.

The 5 books of the trilogy are:

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Life, the Universe and Everything
So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
Mostly Harmless
Yeah...what he (kcarlie) said.

WhatFurrer
i dunno about your take on Episode III, from what ive read, bits and pieces here and there, it sounds like its gonna be A LOT more like the original three (ok, really the original TWO ) im sure its gonna have the cheesy dialog and all that, but i mean you finally get the see the Jedi figure out they've been hoodwinked by Palpatine. and thats gonna be sweet. between that, batman, and THHGTTG its gonna be a good summer. i saw a great Fantastic Four movie last year, but they changed the name to "The Incredibles" or something like that... im not holding up much hope for that flick!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Hitchhiker's Guide movie trailer released. - 02/17/05 10:56 PM
....I have my towel!!!
dunno about your take on Episode III, from what ive read, bits and pieces here and there, it sounds like its gonna be A LOT more like the original three (ok, really the original TWO ) im sure its gonna have the cheesy dialog and all that, but i mean you finally get the see the Jedi figure out they've been hoodwinked by Palpatine.

I think it has potential, but I really can't see how one can be confident. I've paid quite close attention to the spoilers - some are IMO idiotic, while others are quite good. Still, when two out of two films have been lousy, what reason is there to think Lucas has suddenly figured out how to direct his actors, tell a cohesive, non-contradictory story, and not screw up the pacing and editing?

I hope he pulls it off. But I don't dare expect it.
Ken,

I wouldn't mind checking out the books. I've been curious about the story ever since I heard the title.

Sci-fi comedy, huh? Interesting.

Then that kind of does line up with Galaxy Quest type of feeling, huh?

I'll look into checking out the books.
Just picked up the books on eBay. Cheap too.

I didn't realize Ford Prefect was a name of a character in the books. A little slow on the uptake am I, huh? I guess culture has a way of just passing you by sometimes...
Just in case, Captain Picard is a guy on Star Trek
You're kidding, right? That's a humongous coincidence. Unreal.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hitchhiker's Guide movie trailer released. - 02/19/05 02:59 AM
Ford Prefect is indeed a character, but that's not what our Ford Prefect is named after (he has informed us).

I wouldn't say it's like Galaxy Quest; it's not a spoof. It's more analogous to the Diskworld series by Terry Pratchet. Its own self contained universe, but a very amusing one.
I think I'm having my chain yanked, but...

Yeah... Jean-Luc Picard is the captain of the Enterprise in Star Trek TNG.
© Axiom Message Boards