Axiom Home Page
Posted By: digowon Warranty scare vs. saving $$ on-line - 02/25/05 10:20 PM
I was at Tweeter today - checking out their clearance items. I'm looking to buy a Yamaha rxv-15/2500 or Denon 28/3805 receiver. I asked the sale rep about pricing of on-line sales and got the gray market/no warranty speech.

I talked with one of the on-line reps and was told to list the unit as a gift on the warranty card - and voila! - full factory coverage. I can't abide a $700 - $1000+ price tag for Yamaha/Denon when the same units can be had for $200 - $300 less on-line.

Anyone have advice or recommendations for on-line elctronics houses?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Warranty scare vs. saving $$ on-line - 02/25/05 10:51 PM
Hi digowon,

You can likely do a pretty good job of tracking a good deal down with a reputable dealer (ask if they are an Authorized dealer) using this site .

You can search for either a product or a reseller rating. Excellent site.

If you want to explore refurb, ecost has proven to be a pretty good source for quite a few on this board, including my self. The Denon stuff comes with a 90 day warranty and you can buy an extended warranty (pretty inexpensive). You need to check often - the equipment doesn't last long at those prices. Also, if you find something there, call and make sure they actually have it in stock. You can save some serious $$ here.

Ray
© Axiom Message Boards