Axiom Home Page
Posted By: digowon DVD software? - 03/18/05 11:16 AM
Anyone using any of the DVD software available?

1 Click DVD Copy seems to be well liked and there are quite a few freeware copiers...

Of couse I'm not advocating the duplication of copyrighted materials - but - in case you need to back up your copy of 'The Incredibles' - what would you suggest?

While I'm on the fringe of the subject - a co-workwer was explaining how he hacked his Xbox - and now copies games, DVD's and music onto the Xbox, and presents it in all the rooms on his Tivo network... pretty cool.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 04:09 PM
I use DVD Decryptor to rip and take off macrovision, then use DVD2One to burn the movie only in most cases, of course, for back up purposes.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 05:07 PM
This is absolutely the wrong forum/board for this discussion. Let me point you here to discuss this subject matter.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 05:27 PM
There is a lot of OT posts on this forum, I don't see any difference in what this poster started, other than he didn't include OT: in front of the subject. It is perfectly legal to make backup copies of DVD's you own, so I don't see a problem with discussing DVD archiving. DVD Copy, DVDxCopy, etc. are retail applications one can purchase in retail stores off the shelf. The applications I use are public shareware readily available online.

Maybe Axiom needs to stop all OT threads. It really is up to Axiom to manage the content, and not us to police. I could tell my buddy Nickbuol he should have not posted a thread with the new Star Wars trailer, but that is not my call.

Peace out
Posted By: digowon Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 06:55 PM
"This is absolutely the wrong forum/board for this discussion."

OK - but what about 'DSW Hacked'. Doesn't appear to have ANYTHING to do with AV at all. Nor does the never ending beer thread.

Since many folks here own killer home theater systems, and many among you seem to be fairly expert - I thought I'd ask .

Mea culpa.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 07:17 PM
im not sure he meant it like that
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 07:56 PM
Jacob, I'm sure your very correct, just trying to voice my opinion. I've just seen many threads that go way beyond this thread, for what I call correct content.

I guess the way I look at it, if your using DVD Software (retail or shareware) to archive your DVDS that you use for Home Theatre to listen on your Axioms, it would qualify for appropriate discussion. However, if the topic turns to how do I make illegal copies of rental DVD's, we should not go there...

Posted By: bigjohn Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 08:02 PM
In reply to:

illegal copies of rental DVD's

HEY.... how do you do that?

JK

bigjohn
Posted By: Ray3 Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 08:17 PM
Hmmmm, very disappointing input to my post. Simply pointing the gentleman to the experts so he can get the best help available. The smell of testosterone in the air is pungent.

digowon - sorry for this unfortunate interlude. I think you will be pleased with input and treatment at the site I provided.

I'll have no further comment here.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 08:19 PM
Sorry Big John my lips are sealed. I'm really not an expert
Posted By: digowon Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 08:52 PM
No apologies needed. I mis-understood...
..and yes - the site you provided is great!

Posted By: snakeyes Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 08:59 PM
grooup hug?
Posted By: digowon Re: DVD software? - 03/18/05 09:01 PM
And while I'm at it...

If I want to le tmy poor ol' Ant Myrtle borrow my backup copy of 'Fight Club' - 'cause she can't afford her own on her measley social security checks 'cause she couldn't keep some to invest... uh oh - now I'm way OT
Posted By: shag Re: DVD software? - 03/30/05 09:17 PM
DVDXCopy is what I used to use. The company has folded so it no longer has any kind of support. Even if you had a copy you would be unable to backup many of your newer DVD's (I haven't explored the possibility of using a different ripper with it).

DVD Shrink is very good. It can be found here.

www.dvdshrink.org

Try that one and see how you like it. Best of all, it is Freeware.
© Axiom Message Boards