Axiom Home Page
Posted By: KurtisJ One more try... - 05/26/02 07:11 PM
My speakers thus far...M22/VP150/QS8.
I am going to add the final two speakers as soon as the new month rolls (factory store). Now could I get away with a pair of M2 or do I need to get the M3 or M22 for the two rear channels. I have spent enough coin this past month on speakers, DVD, amp so the bank is rapidly depleting. But the wife will allow one more purchase. So...will I be able to save some bucks and hookup a pair of M2 speakers in the rears and be happy. I know very few movies have the 6.1 capability and my receiver only allows DTS-ES! So what are your thoughts?
Kurtis J
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: One more try... - 05/27/02 03:37 AM
KurtisJ

i'm using M3's in the back and I think they work very well if you position them correctly. Unless you have very properly places furniture, or a wall to wall mount them, don't forget that you will need to buy stands. This adds another $100 or so to the price. If you don't mind making that expense, go ahead and buy them.

I'm assuming if you watch mostly movies, the difference between M3 and M2 in that back would be slim. There's usually not much going on back there. DVD audio and simulated 5 or 6 channel audio, however, might require better speakers if you are very picky.
Posted By: KurtisJ Re: One more try... - 05/27/02 03:46 AM
Thanx Ravi;
I will not be using stands...wall brackets. To bad the new Axiom bracket is not for sale. I move into my new house this coming week, which means the weekend is made for HT set-up. The system will most likely be upward of 90% HT.
Posted By: ChrisR Re: One more try... - 05/27/02 06:36 AM
Kurtis,
How come you don't want another set of QS8s in the rear? Are direct speakers better for 6.1/7.1?

Posted By: KurtisJ Re: One more try... - 05/27/02 09:45 AM
ChrisR,
From my understanding two direct radiating speakers are preferred. I could be wrong. If I were going for one single speaker in the rear...then I would go for the QS8. But I have a window in the middle on the rear wall, so two speakers it is.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: One more try... - 05/27/02 12:40 PM
KurtisJ

you could consider buying two center channels for the back. I remember reading from canadian_guy that they work well in the back. You can always experiment the difference with the speakers you currently have. 2 VPZero's or VP50's wouldn't be all that expensive.
© Axiom Message Boards