Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rmhalljr Emotiva Anyone? - 03/31/05 04:59 PM
Is there anyone who is inrigued by the upcoming pre-pro & amp to be released soon? I know I am. It'll be nice to give Outlaw some competition in the low-cost separates category. Anyway, I'd liek to hear from you gearheads out there about what you may know or suspect about these new babies.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Emotiva Anyone? - 03/31/05 05:13 PM
I know very little about them other than what I read on the av123 forum. The expensive Emotivas, the ones that are already available, have been getting good response. Craigsub own TWO sets of them and seems impressed. They are JUST a bit out of my price range at $4500 for the pair.

I assume you are referring to the Emotiva Ultra Lights ($1200 per pair), which are yet to be released. Because of that, little is actually known about their performance. But, on paper, they look very good. I suspect that the electronics will be first rate.

As with any new product, delays occur, and bugs should be expected, but since I'm going to be getting a pair, I'm willing to put up with both. I wish the pre/pro had one more digital audio inputs (it has 4), and I wish it had a digital audio output, which it doesn't. But, other than that, I'm looking forward to receiving mine.
Posted By: rmhalljr Re: Emotiva Anyone? - 03/31/05 05:31 PM
Thanks Jack!

Yes, I was referring to the Ultra Light units. I justread about them for the first time yesterday and have become very intrigued even though my receiver is only a couple of months old and the rest of my system even less (yes, upgraditis already).

I look forward to hearing your impressions of them when you get yours.
© Axiom Message Boards