Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nautec JBL E250P Subwoofer - 05/31/05 10:29 PM
So I have ordered the M60, QS8, and the VP150 for my home theatre system. THe last piece is the subwoofer. I have been looking at the SVS, HSU, and Axiom subs. I would expect to pay around $600 for these. Now I have heard the JBL E250P before and it has a very deep bass response to my ears. Sounds like it would be more than capable of being a part of my system. The most attractive part, it will only cost under $250 shipped. Do you guys think the JBL E250P would go well with my described Axiom system above? Only think i was worried about is if it was going to be too boomy or not.
Posted By: Thasp Re: JBL E250P Subwoofer - 05/31/05 11:24 PM
Get a b stock HSU sub for $260 instead if you want it cheap.. the STF-1 would be much better than any of the mass market JBL stuff, I betcha. Probably goes deeper, too.
Posted By: Wid Re: JBL E250P Subwoofer - 06/01/05 01:02 AM
I have not heard the JBL you speak of BUT why would you want to skimp on what is IMO just as important as the rest of your set up.You did go first rate on the rest why not the sub.If it were me I think I would go with one of the other manufactures of subs.Any of the other brands,Axiom,Hsu or Svs would more than likely out perform the Jbl.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: JBL E250P Subwoofer - 06/01/05 01:50 AM
Don't even bother with the JBL it won't even come close to the HSU(stf-2 would be a good choice) or the smaller SVS sub. Both well worth the dollars.
© Axiom Message Boards