Axiom Home Page
Posted By: deuce8 M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/01/05 01:19 AM
Anyone that has heard the stratus goldi, or can help thx.
Posted By: deuce8 Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/01/05 02:21 AM
I have been looking and researching speakers for some time. Have not heard the Axiom's.
The price difference between the Gold's and the m80's is only about $300.00?
Posted By: richeydog Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/01/05 02:44 AM
Deuce, where do you live? Maybe there is someone nearby who could give you an audition of their Axiom M80's. A few people on this board said the m80 sound is comparable to the Paradigm 100's.
Posted By: deuce8 Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/01/05 02:55 AM
Phoenix Arizona
Posted By: richeydog Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/01/05 06:05 AM
There is a gentleman by the name of MrBill who lives in Tucson. He has m80's in the house. You can check out his profile by performing a search on his name. If you are interested in a road trip just send him an email and hopefully you'll get a reply.

If that doesn't work out then email Amie at Axiom and she might have the powers to hook you up with someone nearby.

Please ask if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Michael
Posted By: bigjohn Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/01/05 01:14 PM
player8 also lives in the phoenix area(i think), but i believe he has bookshelf axioms, not the M80's. you might wanna do a search for him, send a PM, and see what kind of response you get.

bigjohn

Posted By: alan Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/02/05 01:40 PM
deuce8,

The suggested retail price of the PSB Stratus Golds is $2,699/pair; the Axiom M80ti's are $1240/pair delivered.

The Stratus Gold is a very good speaker that I reviewed when I was editor of Sound&Vision magazine in Canada. It had, at that time a resonance in the upper midrange that imposed a harsh edge on the sound of brass instruments and violin. I am especially sensitive to mid and tweeter resonances so I could not "live" with this speaker. I had it in my living room for about six months.

By comparison, the M80s do not have this edgy resonance.
At retail, you could expect some discount on the Stratus Gold, but it would still be much more costly than the M80s, and, in my judgment, it is not as smooth and linear as the M80s.

Regards,
Posted By: deuce8 Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/11/05 09:06 PM
I could not audition the Axiom's so I had to move on. I was able to compare several speakers including B&w, Linn, Dynaudio, Tannoy and Kef. I chose to purchase the PSB Platinum series T6.
Posted By: Ajax Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/11/05 10:41 PM
Well congratulations on the new speakers, and I hope you really enjoy them.
Posted By: magre Re: M80ti vs PSB Stratus Goldi - 06/14/05 11:29 PM
Deuce8 I sent you a PM I live in Phoenix in the East Valley. I have M60's, QS8's and EP500. You can come by and demo them if you would like.
© Axiom Message Boards