Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JServ Advice for an Office Speaker System - 06/19/05 05:00 PM
My father's birthday is coming up and I'm looking to build him a little bookshelf system similiar to the JVC executive systems that they sell at Best Buy and Circuit City. I was thinking of pairing some kind of receiver with m2's and a passive sub I have laying around.

My question is, does anyone know of a compact receiver similiar to what can be found in the desktop systems, but as a seperate and hopefully with better sound quality? ...idealy with a built-in cd player (or matching cd player seperate). It is just for his home office, so it doesn't have to be overly loud. I'm not sure what I'm looking for exists, but I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my problem. Thanks for any help guys.

The intended result is something like:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7034238&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03055&id=1099395588765
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Advice for an Office Speaker System - 06/19/05 07:27 PM
What about something like this Denon?
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Advice for an Office Speaker System - 06/19/05 07:52 PM
check out the teac reference 100-300-or 500 system.ive never heard them but they sure look pretty cool,with some decent bookshelves,you might have a nice little system
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Advice for an Office Speaker System - 06/19/05 07:55 PM
<<The intended result is something like:

link
© Axiom Message Boards