Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Newf Speaker Wall plates - 08/30/05 05:02 PM
These darn things can add up in price quickly quickly.

Any decent stores out there offer these at a good $$$?

If I'm breaking forum rules, delete this post.

Posted By: BrenR Re: Speaker Wall plates - 08/30/05 06:10 PM
You mean wall plates with binding posts?

Home Depot's got modular plates, you get them with as many holes for low-voltage applications as you want (up to 8 I think) the plate screws into a standard electrical box, and you snap in whatever you want (binding posts, coax F-connectors, RJ-45 network connectors, RJ-11 telephone, etc) they're not really cheap, but they do a good job of keeping everything organized and clean. Personally, I just left one hole open and pulled the wire through rather than use the binding posts (through a wall backing on a crawlspace in an inhabitable area).

Bren R.
Posted By: Newf Re: Speaker Wall plates - 08/30/05 07:01 PM
yeah, that is them. I don't have a home depot around here. only a local hi fi shop carries them and they are quite expensive once you get everything added up.

Ebay doesn't seem much better either.

Too bad Axiom didn't sell these too. I might just have to bite the bullet and get the local ones. At least i know what I am getting.

Posted By: BrenR Re: Speaker Wall plates - 08/30/05 10:12 PM
If you want, and it made financial sense, I could pick them up and ship them to you (from MB - Canada Post).

Bren R.
Posted By: simboticus Re: Speaker Wall plates - 08/30/05 10:34 PM
I just installed a bunch of them, purchased them form Parts Express, they are only a few bucks each. Check them out at:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=261-352

THey have other options as well.
Posted By: Newf Re: Speaker Wall plates - 08/31/05 01:09 AM
Bren, nice of you to offer. I'll keep it in mind, I'm going to try to talk the local shop into a deal.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Speaker Wall plates - 09/02/05 08:54 PM
Link patrol

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=261-352
Posted By: Newf Re: Speaker Wall plates - 09/02/05 09:17 PM
I'm in Canada....thanks though
© Axiom Message Boards