Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cgolf Speaker Calibration - 11/03/05 12:59 AM
Last week I asked if getting an SPL meter and calibrating myspeakers would really make that much difference in the sound,etc. I got lots of comments and a unaminous YES IT WOULD!!! So I bought a rat shack meter, calibrated my speakers using the receiver test tones and yes, lo and behold I can tell a difference in balance and sound with music and movies. Now, I wonder if buying a setup CD will help even more. I know I need one to set up the video but are there tests on these CDs that will tweak the audio even better than it is now? Are the test tones "better, stronger, whatever"?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Speaker Calibration - 11/03/05 02:16 AM
The Avia CD give you test tones that even let you test for roll off for crossover. Is it necessary? The pink noise on your receiver does the job. The CD is fun to play with! IMHO!

Posted By: ratpack Re: Speaker Calibration - 11/03/05 03:31 AM
With your new meter, you are probably pretty close to having it "right." If you like to experiment, tinker and play to get it really "right," I'd get the CD. If not, you're probably close enough.

Just one man's opinion.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Speaker Calibration - 11/03/05 04:00 AM
I found even after using my meter, that I still needed to bump of the dB levels of my center VP150 a few dB's to make the dialog of movies more apparent..
© Axiom Message Boards