Axiom Home Page
Posted By: VikingShips customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 05:04 AM
Can anyone tell me of their experience getting Axiom speakers across the border from Canada, and if there are any customs charges to look out for?
Posted By: Wid Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 05:05 AM

There is no shipping or custom charges for the buyer.
Posted By: VikingShips Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 05:10 AM
I understand about the shipping charges included in the price, but I'm surprised to hear there's no customs on this end. If that's true, the deals are even better than I figured from Axiom!!
Posted By: Wid Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 05:14 AM
It is true, it is covered under NAFTA.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 05:32 AM
Nope, Notta, Never, Na, Nothing, Not, Nay, Nix, Nee, Neen, Nord, Nicht, Nobelio, Norte

Posted By: VikingShips Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 06:13 AM
Your vocabulary is amazing. Nearly as good as the deal I just lost on eBay: an EP125 went for under $175! I bid $155 in the last 45 seconds of the auction, but two other bids got in after me. Next time!!
Posted By: bridgman Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 06:18 AM
FedEx includes customs (but not duty or taxes) in their shipping charges, unlike UPS who ding you about $45 for clearing customs even if there are no taxes or duties.

As previously posted, there are no duties under NAFTA and no taxes because you are not buying in the state.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 12:59 PM
Google makes it easy to find good vocabulary. In regards to Ebay, you would be better off ordering direct from Axioms Factory Outlet. In most cases, the price is about the same. Besides you get the full warranty and Axiom's great customer service backing. Many have found after they bought on Ebay that they payed close to the same price they could have received direct from Axiom, besides Axiom has no shipping.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html
Posted By: raz_la Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 03:01 PM
There was proof of that just in the last few days on ebay. I hope it wasn't anyone here, but a pair of M3ti's went for $260.00 plus $22.00 to ship which equals $282.00.

You can get them for $270.00 a pair from the F.O. with warranty and shipping included. I had my eye on them, but it just didn't make any sense.
Posted By: bridgman Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 03:26 PM
It might have been someone here. After some discussion, the conclusion was that (a) he got pretty good speakers anyways, and (b) ordering speakers late at night after a "long evening" was not a good idea
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 04:00 PM
Today's moral--don't drink and ebay at the same time.

Ew, I just turned ebay into a verb. Jack's going to come after me for this one. . .
Posted By: bridgman Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 04:32 PM
You mean "you verbed ebay"
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 04:36 PM
Ha ha! Thanks John. Who needs all these grammatical rules anyway?
Posted By: bray Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 04:47 PM
As long as I understaand what you're trying to say, who am I to complain.
Posted By: raz_la Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 05:16 PM
Could be he/she couldn't wait for the longer leadtime buying from the F.O.?

You know, instant gratification? Believe me, I'm going through it right now. I ordered M60's from the F.O. with an 8 week leadtime and am only half way there!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: customs charges on shipping to USA - 01/29/06 06:01 PM
Verbing weirds the language.

-Calvin
© Axiom Message Boards