Axiom Home Page
Posted By: axiomowner Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/19/02 12:38 PM
I now need to wallmount my rear M22's and was wondering what is the best possible one to get. I have looked at the btech BT77 but since the side walls of the speaker aren't parallel i don't think they will work. I don't want to screw into the actual speaker. I was also looking at the BT3 but I don't know if they are strong enough for the M22's. Can someone suggest what they use or what they know will work. Thanx in advance.
Posted By: axiomowner Re: Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/20/02 02:16 PM
Doesn't anyone wall mount their speakers? Or know of a good option? Anyone have any advice. I really need to mount my rear speakers. Please help.
Posted By: KurtisJ Re: Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/20/02 03:24 PM
The current list of brackets did not seem to fit my needs, so I decided to build a shelf for my M22s. Although...I might use the Axiom bracket when it comes available. We shall see.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/20/02 03:26 PM
Offhand i would say a solid wall shelf would be just fine but if you are trying to be a bit more discreet, then perhaps some speaker drilling for rear mounting is required.
I would contact Joe at the service department and ask him if this is feasible and how to go about it.
Posted By: axiomowner Re: Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/20/02 06:00 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I was searching on the net during my break and i found this. http://www.marketware-tech.com/adbracspeakm.html Tell me what you guys think of it. Will it work with the M22's?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/20/02 07:51 PM
Looks like a winner. It's also a Vogel which i believe is one of the names of brackets that Alan and some others had suggested people take a look at (at least until the Axiom bracket comes out).
I wonder if they are going to make that Axiom bracket for ALL their speakers....
Posted By: alan Re: Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/21/02 06:43 PM
Hi Axiomowner,

Those sites for brackets are vogelsusa.com and omnimount.com.

Just a thought, but what are you using up front? Why not use your M22ti's as front left and right mains and get some QS surrounds, which are supplied with wall-mount brackets? Maybe you have Axioms up front.

Regards,

Posted By: jkohn Re: Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/21/02 11:46 PM
You'll have to remove the speaker grill in order to use that bracket unfortunately. Don't know if that's a deal-breaker or not for you, but it was for me so I kept looking. I eventually found some speaker brackets at Lowe's Hardware store.

Axiom is supposed to be coming out with a bracket of their own soon, but I'm not sure exactly when. (Maybe Sept?)
Posted By: axiomowner Re: Suggest a wall mount for M22ti's. - 08/22/02 02:02 PM
"Why not use your M22ti's as front left and right mains and get some QS surrounds"

I have 4 M22Ti's. I use them as fronts and rears and have the VP150 center. I love my setup. When i move to a bigger place i would love to use the QS's as side surrounds. But now I am in a bind trying to wall mount these guys. I'll take a look at vogels site, i could find anything on omnimount that would keep me from drilling into the cabinets. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know. And how long before these Axiom mounts come out? I would love to know.
© Axiom Message Boards