Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jimmienorton almost got them! - 02/23/06 01:47 AM
Well half my shipment of axioms are here, the other half are somewhere in TN. Im waiting on my sub and front speaker, by the way I have the 80-500 7.1 setup (less one 80 and the 500). I cant wait looking at 3/4 of a set stinks! I have a little more wire to run and I have to mount the 2 sides yet. I hope to be done on Friday night so I can test it out. Im running a Denon 4306 and for the picture I have a Pany AE900.
Posted By: bridgman Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 01:51 AM
That's going to be a mighty nice system.

Waiting sucks, huh ?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 01:53 AM
Sounds like Fedex goofed up, congrats on the new system give us a review when you have it setup.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 01:54 AM
Congrats Jimmie, can't wait to hear your results. I love my 7.1 setup.

60s 150 500 4-Qs8's
denon 2805
sanyo z2
panny s97s
prismasonic h600m
Posted By: bugbitten Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 02:32 AM
They are probably in customs clearing at Memphis. The boxes are so big could be anything in there.
Posted By: ratpack Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 03:31 AM
As I recall, mine came from Texas, somewhere. Seemed sort of strange, but you just never know.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 04:37 AM
Congrats on the new system and hope the rest arrive soon, it wil lbe worth the extra wait once you have them all set up.
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone, the rest will be here today. I just might call in sick! I already have to go in late, maybe it will be to late to even go. I can only hope.
Posted By: RickF Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 11:36 AM

Posted By: Ajax Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 02:01 PM
AH yes! The Axiom flu. Strangely, it gets passed among the people on this forum all the time, even though we never come in actual physical contact. The CDC in Atlanta is VERY concerned.

Congratulations, Jimmie. Enjoy!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 06:48 PM
I was lucky,...hey hey hey, never got the Axiom flu!!

......(retired )

I did get a form of malaise and listlessness and sleeplessness that lasted for the better part of three days at a stretch, however.

Visiting certain forums helped, somewhat.....

The final stage was always accompanied by a strange flattening of the end of the olfactory appendage that matched a print on the front windor pane.

....very sad.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 08:01 PM
So let's get an update!!!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 08:05 PM
Oh; I'm a lot better now, thanks!!

....uh, oh.

OH!! I gottit.

....how 'bout it skip; wa's happinin'
Posted By: Spoiler Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 08:13 PM
Funny stuff man...

Posted By: jimmienorton Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 10:09 PM
well I did get the flu but it gets worse, ep500 DOA this really made me sick. There sending out a new one but it just sucks listening to a system without a sub.Oh well Axoim was really nice and had me check a few things but its a no go. I guess I have to wait till next week. Fed Ex most likely droped the thing!! A day late and a ep500 short.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 10:19 PM
OH! Sorry to hear it bud... but Axiom will make it right. I suggest listening to those M80's for music till then. You'll be happy.

Posted By: bridgman Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 10:24 PM
... set to Large of course.

I made that mistake once -- lent my subwoofer out to family and forgot to switch the M60s back to Large. I was really disappointed with how they sounded for a couple of days ;(
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: almost got them! - 02/23/06 10:28 PM
thats what im doing, I will get a pic soon after I get things cleaned up and wires lookin good
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: almost got them! - 02/24/06 10:57 AM
What do you guys set your crossover freq. for qs8's and 150 center? I have done the auto setup on my Denon 4306 and it set the qs8 @ 110 and center @ 80, it had the 80's @ 40. Since I dont have a sub yet I left it there, but when I get the sub Im going to bump the 80's to 80 and sub cross to 80.I have the fronts to large now and the rest small, I will set them all to small when I get replacement sub. Any help or advise would be great. Thanks
Posted By: Spoiler Re: almost got them! - 02/24/06 12:54 PM
You're at the right start point jimmie. Once you have the sub in the loop, tweak it to your liking. Have you heard any 2 channel music yet on the M80's?

Posted By: SirQuack Re: almost got them! - 02/24/06 02:27 PM
Just to make sure you understand Jimmie, since your managing the crossover on the receiver, when you get your sub, you will put the sub crossover knob on Bypass mode, as you don't want the sub to be conflicting with your receiver settings.

I use 80 on all my speakers set to small, your Denon must allow you to set seperate crossovers for each speaker, my 2805 does not.

Posted By: jimmienorton Re: almost got them! - 02/24/06 06:21 PM
yes I have listened to 2 channel music and its sound great,and the 4306 does let me set crossovers for each speaker. I already know about the bypass for the sub. I think im on the right path I just have to tweak alittle when I get my sub on Tuesday.
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: almost got them! - 02/28/06 01:37 AM
Well I got it today and all I can say is WOW. I got it setup and did some tweaking on it then watched WOTW and The Fifth Element, I LOVE IT! This thing has so much bass my girlfriend was like WTF when she was walking up to the house. Im going to try the sub in a couple of places to see with one I like the best,but not until the weekend. Im going to get a Db meter from RS and calibrate this weekend. What volume does everyone run? Ive got it about half way and then control it by the 4306.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: almost got them! - 02/28/06 02:13 AM
You have a great system, glad to hear it rocks. I keep my 500 at about 20% and it still rocks the room.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: almost got them! - 02/28/06 02:25 AM
It only gets better with calibration.

My 500 at 7:30 on the dial.
© Axiom Message Boards