Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tinfoilhat Garage Sale Fun - 08/26/02 03:04 AM
This has nothing to do with Axiom, but I had so much fun this weekend that I had to share.
Stop 1: a pair of Realistic Minimus 11 bookshelf speakers in great shape. 2 way speakers that are the big brothers of the Minimus 7's. Aluminum cases and quite heavy for their size. Not bad sounding, but a bit bright to my ears. $9
Stop 2: a pair of 24 inch speaker stands. Black dual tube with a wide base and spikes. Good shape - need to be wiped down. After they held speakers, they were a home for spiders. This is why shop-vacs were invented. $7
Stop 3: A Sansui G3500 receiver. It says 90 watts but who knows what it really does. Sounds really nice and had has a decent ability to pull in stations. Lights don't work except for the stereo indicator. Everything else is fine. $10
Stop 4: Home. Hook up with spare speaker wire and add an old Sansui CD player that I no longer use. I set everything up on the balcony and sat back with a cold beer. It sounded very nice and got nicer as the beer kept coming. Total cost $26 bucks not including refreshments. One man's garbage is another man's sound system.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Garage Sale Fun - 08/26/02 02:52 PM
Superb story.
Garage sales are fun, best way to find a 50 cent lounge chair.
© Axiom Message Boards