Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gkarf How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:09 PM
I saw the post a while back about hooking up the satellite box to the rcvr. Well, I had to try and get no sound. I hooked up the digital out from the sat. box to the denon optical 2, and set it up to work on the digital assignment screen, but still get no sound. What am I missing?? Thanks, Guy
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:11 PM
Are you using the HDMI out to the TV?
Posted By: Gkarf Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:18 PM
I don't have hdmi.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:25 PM
Well, that answers that question... What kind of receiver is it? (probably doens't matter, but...)
Posted By: Gkarf Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:36 PM
Denon 3802. I also think I have the satellite itself set up on it's menu correctly. (Notice usage of "think", however) Guy
Posted By: sonicfox Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:38 PM
Have you checked the settings in the sat receiver as well? Sometimes there might something in the setup that you must select to allow for the digital output.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:42 PM
HDMI should not be an issue unless that's the only way your sat receiver will output digitally . I've also got the Denon 3802 with a basic sat receiver and have no issue with sound from the optical digital output.
Posted By: Gkarf Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:48 PM
I think I have it set up. I have it on the Dolby digital/PCM setting. Other options are Dolby digital only or PCM only. Guy
Posted By: sonicfox Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:49 PM
Is it working now?
Posted By: Gkarf Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 07:59 PM
No, I'm sorry, I meant that I thought I already had it set up correctly. It does not give any sound. I have double checked the connections. Just at a loss. Not that I really need it for TV sound, just thought it would be used occasionally. Guy
Posted By: HomeDad Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 08:12 PM
Guy, what brand of satellite receiver are you using?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/26/06 08:39 PM
May be a silly question, but is your optical 2 assigned to TV on yor receiver, as well as your receiver being set on TV mode when viewing the satellite?
Posted By: ratpack Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 03/27/06 02:33 PM
Sounds like something is not turned on properly. I would go through the manual again and reset everything. If that doesn't work maybe you can find someone who has a similar setup and ask a few questions.
Posted By: Gkarf Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 04/05/06 02:20 AM
Sorry I have not been able to reply,but as oz350z sig says, life happens. I'm in the middle of a hospital stay,think I'm headed in the right direction,and miss the heck out of speakers. I probaly won't have access to a computer again until i get home. Thanks, Guy
Posted By: HomeDad Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 04/05/06 03:39 AM
Get well soon.
Posted By: ratpack Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 04/05/06 11:21 AM
Get well soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Gkarf Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 04/08/06 04:53 PM
Thanks much, I'm home, still have about a month of pills to take, still think things are headed in the right direction. The best therapy I've had is sitting listening to music, watching my 3 year old grandson dance around. I had tears in my eyes. Again, thanks for the good thoughts, Guy
Posted By: HomeDad Re: How to hook up satellite?? - 04/08/06 05:00 PM
Welcome back
© Axiom Message Boards