Axiom Home Page
Posted By: s002wjh anyway to fix this problem? - 03/31/06 04:04 PM
Hi, I currently has the M60 set without a sub. I'm using denon 3806 to drive them. The problem is most often I get fatigue after listen more than half hr music around 75+db. my room is about 18'Lx12W'x8'H(carpet) open to kitchen 14'Lx12W'x8'H(tile floor). I'm think could this cause by reflection in the room or something else?? if so, whats the cheapest method to treat a room? I'm using autoEQ from 3806 for room EQ.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: anyway to fix this problem? - 03/31/06 04:11 PM
I don't know if this will help, but try turning the autoEQ off.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: anyway to fix this problem? - 03/31/06 05:40 PM
It could also depend on what you're listening to. There are an awful lot of cd's out there that are mastered horribly.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: anyway to fix this problem? - 03/31/06 05:40 PM
I second that thought, when I first got my Axioms a year ago with my Denon 2805, I left the Room EQ settings turned on. After a few weeks of listening to my favorite music, I felt there was to much midrange and treble.

I still use the auto setup to help with dB levels and distance calculation, but keep the RoomEQ OFF. Alan at Axiom has recommended this also, it makes good speakers sound bad.

Try going into the Setup menu and turning off the EQ stuff. I like the sound I'm hearing now much better.
Posted By: s002wjh Re: anyway to fix this problem? - 03/31/06 09:13 PM
k thx for the replay. as for cd I use dvd-a or good quility CD so shouldn't be a problem there.
© Axiom Message Boards