Axiom Home Page
Posted By: iflysats EP175 suddenly burning through fuses - 05/06/06 06:15 PM
I bought my setup below about 8 months ago, loving them completely. Everything has been working fine until two days ago, when I noticed my EP175 wasn't working.

I checked the back...no green light =(
My first thought was to check the fuse, and yep...blown.
I turned everything off, replaced the fuse, and threw up some test tones on a low volume, then turned the sub on.

Pop. Instantly blown.
I was obviously very concerned, and hauled out my old KLH sub, connected with same line, same receiver, same plug, it works fine.

Any advice you guys can give me? I wanted to exhaust all options before calling the great guys here for a return.

BTW, nothing has changed on the setup in the past 8 months...haven't moved the sub an inch, and I haven't had any recent power spikes/black/brownouts or other problems that I'm aware of either.

Last question: I'd heard other folks here talking about Axiom letting people upgrade components, and they just pay the difference...is this true? I was curious, since my living room is 25x15x8, which is really more in the realm of the EP350 than the 175. (yes, I went a bit cheaper to save a few $$ at the time...should have just splurged!)
Posted By: Tharkun Re: EP175 suddenly burning through fuses - 05/06/06 06:26 PM
If you have blown a couple of fuses, I would contact Axiom right away and talk with them. As for upgrading options that is rather a case per case basis, talk with Brent or Amie and they can give an answer. Good Luck on the fix/upgrade !
Posted By: ratpack Re: EP175 suddenly burning through fuses - 05/06/06 07:46 PM
If it is blowing fuzes, you have a serious problem that you may have to send it back to the factory for a fix.

Of course, I guess that they could send you a new amp and you could send the old one back.
© Axiom Message Boards