Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Troy Mixing Axiom QS8s with other brand - 06/06/06 01:46 PM
I need to acquire a full 5.1 speaker system. I have read good things about the QS8s and am considering going with them. However, I am thinking about using another brand for my fronts and sub. Has anyone built similiar setup? Were you pleased with the results? Any potential issues that I need to be aware of?
Posted By: INANE Re: Mixing Axiom QS8s with other brand - 06/07/06 03:41 AM
No personal experience on that senerio but I'd imagine the QS series speakers would be the easiest speaker Axiom has to mix with other brands. (other than their sub line)
Posted By: duckman Re: Mixing Axiom QS8s with other brand - 06/07/06 04:46 AM
I'm running Qs-8's and a vp 150 with Nht super ones as mains and have no complaints. When I got my M3s I a/b compared them with the super ones and was surprised at how similar they sounded. The q's are just spectacular. It would take a helluva sales pitch (probably from a very female salesperson) to convince me to replace them, even were I to go to an obsene main like a focal or wilson.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Mixing Axiom QS8s with other brand - 06/07/06 02:49 PM
Wait a minute, isn't this a duplicate post?
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Mixing Axiom QS8s with other brand - 06/09/06 07:39 AM
I have a friend with QS8s and some big DefTech center and front L/R and an Axiom EP 500. Sounds very good, although I am not crazy about the DefTechs.
© Axiom Message Boards