Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DrunkenWolf Rotary Subwoofer Technology - 08/10/06 05:34 AM
http://www.eminent-tech.com/RWbrochure.htm

Is this for real? Claims to get down under 5hz. Certianly not the flattest bass, but certainly low:

Posted By: Nick B Re: Rotary Subwoofer Technology - 08/10/06 01:10 PM
This is very cool. If they could flatten out the frequency response from 0 to 20Hz (it looks like +10/-10dB's) I would be the first guy in line to get one. Looking at the link that you gave it appears that you mount this in your attic above your home theater or the basement below.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Rotary Subwoofer Technology - 08/10/06 03:31 PM
This looks more like a "tactile transducer" from the graph, more sounds you feel versus hear. Below the audible range of hearing, I doubt the non-ruler flat response would matter all that much.

Looks interesting but someone asked the question before, "Does 5 Hz really qualify as a sound?".

Or is it more of a ticking, or thumping? My wall clock is rated down (and up) to 1 Hz!!!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Rotary Subwoofer Technology - 08/10/06 04:18 PM
I saw that a few years back. One guy installed one and said that it does just was a subwoofer does... (moves air) But without the audible part of it.

You could feel it, but not hear it. He said that it wasn't worth it for the installation issues that a person would need to take into consideration (takes more than just a hole to blow the air through so to speak he was saying). He was sticking with his, at the time, $25 per pair, Bass Shakers. More accurate and even tactile distribution. By "accurate" I can only assume that he said that because of the lack of recorded "sound" that low, and that most if not all DVDs have bass audio set to what a normal (good) sub can handle, and not down that low.

Just repeating info I recalled reading a couple years back when I was looking at the thing.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Rotary Subwoofer Technology - 08/11/06 03:59 AM
Pair one of those with a couple of high end super-tweeters -- you could spend $5K on speakers and STILL not hear anything.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Rotary Subwoofer Technology - 08/11/06 04:29 AM
Quote:

Pair one of those with a couple of high end super-tweeters -- you could spend $5K on speakers and STILL not hear anything.

The neighborhood dogs might like it.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Rotary Subwoofer Technology - 08/11/06 05:13 PM
Yeah, talk about a way to meet the neighbors!
Posted By: DrunkenWolf Re: Rotary Subwoofer Technology - 08/11/06 09:59 PM
They wouldn't know to come looking for you.

If that isn't worth 5 grand I don't know what is.
© Axiom Message Boards