Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Shaken VP 150 Large or small Setting? - 10/04/06 10:22 PM
If I understand this correctly I can select either reciever setting based on how they sound to my ear, or can I harm my center running it large? I have it set small and sounds great, just wanted to check before I tried large. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: VP 150 Large or small Setting? - 10/04/06 10:28 PM
The only thing setting your centre to large will do is take the lower frequencys that used to be sent to your sub, are now going to be sent to your VP150.

I may be incorrect in this, but I am 95% sure!

-Hutz
Posted By: SirQuack Re: VP 150 Large or small Setting? - 10/04/06 11:47 PM
Set all speakers to small, with a receiver crossover of 80hz. Turn the crossover knob on the 350 all the way clockwise to the highest setting to get it out of the way for receiver management. This setting is the norm for most people, and also THX recomendation. If your receiver will allow for different crossovers for each speaker, the crossover setting may differ from speaker to speaker. The only speaker you MIGHT try large on, would be the 80's with LFE+Main on the receiver. However, I would still use small. A lot depends on your room size also.
Posted By: bridgman Re: VP 150 Large or small Setting? - 10/05/06 01:36 AM
I don't think you are likely to hurt the VP150 running it in Large but you are probably going to miss out on some low frequency content on the center channel. If you set the center to "small" then any LF on the center channel will be routed to the subwoofer.

There isn't normally a lot of LF content on the center channel but every so often there seems to be quite a bit.

I would stay with "small" personally. The VP150 is not designed to reproduce all frequencies, just to do a great job down to where the subwoofer takes over.
© Axiom Message Boards