Axiom Home Page
Okay, I moved my sub from behind the sofa to up front to the inside left of my left M60 and I finally got around to having enough time to chart the FR of the Great Room / HT in our new house here in Round Rock...

So, whadda ya think?

See anything I need to fix? My SVS does have a single band Parametric EQ on it...Suggestions as to which area I should use it on?

BTW, Room dimensions are 18' long by 19' wide (opens onto our kitchen) with a two story vaulted ceiling that angles up from 9' to 17.5'.

Ideas? Concerns? Comments?

WhatFurrer
I think Mark may try and kill you.
Steve, your room does appear to suck less than certain others, and Mark Johnson will indeed want to contact you for advice. Presumably you spent thousands of dollars and/or hundreds of hours of your time to reach this stage.

Okay, seriously, use the single band parametric EQ on that area around 30-35Hz, which may be a result from the modes of the 17-19' room dimensions.
Just curious, what Hertz increments did you plot? To get the most accurate representation you need to plot in 1Hz increments from say 20 Hz upto around 300Hz, especially for sub measurements. 1/3rd or even 1/6th octave intervals are really to coarse to give you an acurate measurment and you will miss a lot of peaks and nulls.
Randy,

I was using the Real Traps CD which does 1 Hz increments...

I can finish the plot up to 300 but I was not real fond of having to run through a segment of tones and then I was waiting for a while to allow the sub to cool off...I read this was a good idea...

Think it would be a good idea to plot the rest of the FR?

Actually it was getting kind of late and I wanted to watch a movie while no one was at home...

All comments are welcome.

WhatFurrer
Ah, I missed the scale on the graph--thought that was the whole frequency range! Regardless, it looks pretty darn good from here (speaking as someone too frightened to graph his room!)
bastard.
It's not healthy to keep it bottled up like that, Mark. Let it all out. That's good.
Guess I shoulda put a smilie in there, huh?
Mark and all,

Actually I was extremely suprised as to the first half of the plot...I was very much expecting this room to suck far worse than any I have seen given its layout...

I will now HAVE to finish the plot to see if my fears are realized.

WhatFurrer
© Axiom Message Boards