Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mikeh ep 350 standby - 11/26/06 04:38 PM
My ep350 suddenly turns on even though there is no siginal. this results in a low hum sound that is annoying. this just recently started. Anyone know a reason or solution?
Posted By: dllewel Re: ep 350 standby - 11/26/06 04:44 PM
I wonder if the hum is originating within the sub, or outside of the sub? Disconnect the line-in / input and see if the hum stops.
Posted By: mikeh Re: ep 350 standby - 11/26/06 09:39 PM
Dave
Thanks for advice..It is not the sub must be receiver. I hooked sub to another system and it was fine..Even with receiver tturned off (Yamahaa HTR-5890) it hums rather loudly. Checked cords and replaced no help. It seems to be receiver related.. Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Mike
Posted By: dllewel Re: ep 350 standby - 11/26/06 09:58 PM
Sounds like a possible ground loop problem. Try disconnecting source audio and video inputs from your receiver one at a time until you find the hum stops.

Alan has a document on eliminating hum here.
Posted By: mikeh Re: ep 350 standby - 11/26/06 11:50 PM
Dave

Thanks so much. Went to Alan's article, bought the radio shack loop isolator, and every thing working great. This was driving me crazy...Thanks again

Mike
Posted By: dllewel Re: ep 350 standby - 11/27/06 05:23 PM
No problem Mike. I'm glad to have been of help. It seems most of these issues are related to the cable TV feed. Thank to Alan for providing a great write up to solve these annoying issues.
© Axiom Message Boards