Axiom Home Page
I have a pair of M3ti's that have just been demoted to surrounds. They've been living on stands but I'd prefer to wall mount them on a pivoting bracket. I know that the newer M3t's have a mounting bolt that accomodates Axiom's "Full Metal Bracket", but my older M3ti's don't have that bolt. I sent an info request to Axiom sales but they have not responded.
Have any of you managed to bracket mount an M3ti? If so, what bracket did you use and did you need to sink screws into the back of the M3ti? Is the back panel of the m3ti strong enough to support the speaker's weight if mounted to a wall bracket?
Thanks for any and all help.

- Rick
-------------
Vancouver, BC
probably all these questions can be better answered by an Axiom rep. Hopefully one of them will chime in here soon.

Good luck!
I remeber that they once had something on the web site showing where you could drill on the different models. I believe that was before the FMB came out.

I'm sure you will get a response soon. Here's one POST I found that may lead you in the right direction.
Hay,

Thanks for the link. It's really too bad that the Axiom site no longer has the mounting diagram you discribed. The article is helpful, but does not say which model of speaker it refers to. Given that the m3ti's are fairly heavy, I'd hate to damage the back in trying to wall mount it, if the back panel cannot carry the weight of the speaker.

How curious that no Axiom rep has responded. You would think they would be eager to sell me a pair of Full Metal Brackets if they can be mounted to the M3ti's.

Quote:

I remeber that they once had something on the web site showing where you could drill on the different models. I believe that was before the FMB came out.

I'm sure you will get a response soon. Here's one POST I found that may lead you in the right direction.

Sorry for the delay, rcam - it's our busiest time of year and unfortunately we're a little slower right now with our responses.

Here's the picture you're looking for:

Hope that helps!
That's like manga for BigJohn.

Bren R.
If that guy knew what an influence he was on us, he might have left sooner.
Thanks for the picture Amie. That answers my question regarding whether and where I can attach a wall bracket.

Does the Full Metal Bracket have 4 screw attachement points as well as the central bolt designed for the newer M3's?

Thanks.

- Richard
yup.
rcam641,

Hey, I have many tasks before I sleep!

Yes, the Full Metal Bracket will support older M3s if you use 3/4-inch wood screws (4) into the rear baffle. Stay a couple of inches away from the binding-post array, because the crossover is behind that on the inside of the speaker.

Regards,
Drill pilot holes the depth of the screws first. MDF is nothing more than compressed paper and glue, and if you try to force feed screws into it, it'll just roll up and they won't have much holding strength.
And if in doubt about where to go into it... just remove the woofer and have a peek inside.

Ken, insert BigJohn joke here.

Bren R.
Oh no, BigJohn jokes aren't my purview. That's Peter's job.
Sorry, you merge into a single entity... yin and yang... for me.

Bren R.
See, Peter covers that stuff. I cover the obscure jokes that no one gets.

Scary that the top two posters would merge. It would be something like a posting Voltron. (see?) And we'd be Shareholders...
© Axiom Message Boards