Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mrcrazypants05 Multi-channel Audio Cables - 12/16/06 09:59 AM
So, im a lurker around here. I have finally put together a 5 speaker surround sound system so far. Pair of m22s, vp100, and pair of qs8's. Anyway... the point of my post here is im looking at getting an Oppo dvd player. The DV-970HD mostly for the price and the fact that it plays SACD and DVD-Audio. It should also be an upgrade over my JVC no problem as far as video and audio go anyway... However, I have looked for multi-channel audio cables and such on bluejeanscable.com. I had no idea they were so expensive. Is there a cheaper route? I saw that on monoprice.com they show some of their RCA cables working for SACD players as well. Can you run seperate RCA cables instead of buying 6 channel cable?

Thanks,
Tim
Posted By: Wid Re: Multi-channel Audio Cables - 12/16/06 12:06 PM
Quote:

Can you run seperate RCA cables instead of buying 6 channel cable?

Yes you can, no problem.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Multi-channel Audio Cables - 12/16/06 04:57 PM
I personally ordered a set of component video cables and a set of composite video cables from monoprice.com. Nothing special, just their RJ-59 sets of each. Naturally, the component costs more because green and blue RCA ends are very expensive. But I think I ended up with a set of 6 3' cables for about $15.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Multi-channel Audio Cables - 12/17/06 03:28 AM
Tim, welcome. Sure, as Rick and Ken indicated, they'd work fine. This is just analog audio carried a few feet. Two of their triple sets would be most economical.
© Axiom Message Boards