Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gilroy Amp failure question ? - 03/10/07 05:34 PM
I was listening pretty loud music this morning, then my front right M80 stops. My emotiva monoblock 1 has failed. All other 6 was fine.I switch right left speakers, same thing happened again. So it wasn't a speaker issue. Then, I switched the 2 RCA monoblocks plugs. The amp 2 fails. So, it wasn't amps (emotiva) trouble.
It seems to be my receiver, use as pre pro. Is it possible ,the preout front right connexion, has fault only ?
If the receiver fails does it suppose to shut off completely? no only a preout connexion.
Does someone experienced this ?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Amp failure question ? - 03/10/07 07:08 PM
Sorry your having problems. As you said, it does not appear to be the Emotiva, but the "right" preout on your receiver. If you power off/on your Yamaha, does the right channel start working again until you crank it up again?

I've never heard of a preout stop functioning, but I'm sure it is possible. You have a very stange problem to resolve...
Posted By: gilroy Re: Amp failure question ? - 03/10/07 07:32 PM
When the Emotiva monoblock 1 gets fault.I have to switch it on/off.
I dont need to reset the yamaha , only the emotiva.
The breaking point is at +14 db on the Yamaha.
Posted By: Wid Re: Amp failure question ? - 03/10/07 07:38 PM

When you switched the rca plugs did you do that on the pre side or the amp side?
Posted By: gilroy Re: Amp failure question ? - 03/10/07 07:53 PM
On the Amp side. Then , the cut off happened on the other monobloc.
Also I tried an another rca cable (Blue Jeans Cable LC-1). No progress.
I will try again with the Yamaha by itself. No Emotiva.
Will see.
Posted By: Wid Re: Amp failure question ? - 03/10/07 07:59 PM

It seems the Yamaha is not playing very nice with the Emotiva. The way you switched it on the amp side and the problem switched with it puts the fault squarely on the Yamaha.
Posted By: gilroy Re: Amp failure question ? - 03/10/07 08:08 PM
Hoping I will not be 'oblige' to change my Rx-v2400 to DMC-1 and wait for the 40% discount with the new generation.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Amp failure question ? - 03/11/07 01:48 PM
Quote:

Hoping I will not be 'oblige' to change my Rx-v2400 to DMC-1 and wait for the 40% discount with the new generation.

My understanding is that the 40% discount applies if you already have an Emo pre/pro or AVR, not just one of their amps.

This was one of the deciding factors for me to get BOTH DMC-1 and MPS-1 now and not a mixed Emo/??? combo. Of course this wouldn't be the first time I mis-understood something.

Scott
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Amp failure question ? - 03/11/07 02:47 PM
that is what he is saying, he will get a DMC-1 big dog now, and then upgrade to one of their new prepros later. Many are using this option to get the discount later.
© Axiom Message Boards