Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Robhow Wireless Internet - 11/07/02 11:44 PM
I will be installing wireless highspeed internet access in my home this weekend. Has anyone experienced any interference with Video or Audio components when installing this type of equipment?
Posted By: MCodanti Re: Wireless Internet - 11/08/02 12:28 AM
I haven't had any problems. And in all reality most of the wireless stuff is in the 2.4Ghz range so it is no different than having a cordless phone.

Michael

Posted By: joearch Re: Wireless Internet - 11/08/02 02:02 AM
This is unrelated to AV, but to emphasize the point a bit more, use of a 2.4GHz phone in the same area as your 802.11b network will often disconnect you from your LAN. My phone of this type is "spread spectrum", and the level of interference varies with each call. I don't bother to take chances anymore with it, since the disconnects are pretty common.

I don't know the operating frequency of the 802.11a standard, but I think I saw something recently about an upcoming move to 4.8GHz.
Posted By: Robhow Re: Wireless Internet - 11/08/02 02:11 AM
Good points and thanks for the tip regarding a cordless phone
Posted By: Saturn Re: Wireless Internet - 11/08/02 02:26 AM
I had some inteference with my Rogers wave, TV signal and all my audio video in the same area. This was installed by Bell canada some time ago and it helped with interference.

http://www.mjsales.net/electroline.pdf

The model I got was EDA 2400
This cleaned up the signal from my cable. My TV cable is soooooooooo clear. My internet does not drop anymore. The hiss from my old speakers dissapeared.

Posted By: Semi_On Re: Wireless Internet - 11/09/02 01:48 AM
I can't imagine a 2.4GHz signal producing any noticeable interference in a signal that never peaks much beyond 22kHz.
© Axiom Message Boards