Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Germans break the speed of light........ - 08/18/07 12:35 AM
http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/germans-break-speed-of-light.html
Posted By: JohnK Re: Germans break the speed of light........ - 08/18/07 02:18 AM
Einstein is doing barrel rolls.
"... While this sounds more like a teleporter than an exception to Einstein's theory, the results are essentially the same. ..."

Beam me up, Scotty!
Posted By: Ken.C Not really. - 08/18/07 06:24 AM
Not really. Basically, they measured the speed of light in a medium, which was (due to the type of light they were studying) faster than the speed of light usually in that medium. Still slower than the speed of light in a vacuum. Which means Einstein's Special Relativity has not been disproven.

Don't trust Audioholics for science news. Or news about iPhones.
Posted By: zhimbo Re: Not really. - 08/18/07 01:40 PM
Quote:

Still slower than the speed of light in a vacuum. Which means Einstein's Special Relativity has not been disproven.

Sheesh, Dr. Gunter Nimtz is a total bonehead. This isn't an obscure point (well, for relativistic physics, anyway).
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Not really. - 08/18/07 03:15 PM
I know better than to trust them (and maybe your post wasn't a direct response to me)... That was why I put my goofy Star Trek quote in there.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Not really. - 08/18/07 04:08 PM
I believe a test like this was also done out of Princeton in 2000, If I'm correct Einstein's theory would only be proved wrong if matter was actually moved faster than the speed of light.
Maybe they will start working on something usefull, like if an amplifier can really make a sonic difference in a home setup.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Not really. - 08/18/07 05:16 PM

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Not really. - 08/19/07 08:04 PM
Oh, I read in unthreaded mode, so I usually just tack onto the last post in the string.
© Axiom Message Boards