Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TrueFX Is my Axiom Center Channel Dead? - 10/05/07 03:55 PM
I think my Center Channel may have gone dead.

When my receiver is in any of the advanced modes such as Dolby, TXH, ProLogic, etc... There is NO voice. Modes such as Pure Audio and Direct work fine, but I can't tell if the voice is coming out of the Center or Tower Speakers.

I bought my system back in September. Would that item still be covered under warranty? How do I determine if it is my Axiom or possibly my Onkyo receiver?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: jakewash Re: Is my Axiom Center Channel Dead? - 10/05/07 04:00 PM
One way to tell would be to turn off the main speakers and only run the center and listen. If no sound then hook up the center to one of the main wires and listen again with the mains on, if the speaker now works it's the receiver.

Axiom has a 5 year warranty against defects.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Is my Axiom Center Channel Dead? - 10/05/07 04:00 PM
Try connecting another speaker in place of your center speaker (which speakers do you have, BTW?). If you still have no sound, then the receiver is busted.

You should have be able to turn the other speakers down significantly in the receiver (or unplug them) so you could then put a movie at low volume and move your ear very close to the center.
Posted By: TrueFX Re: Is my Axiom Center Channel Dead? - 10/05/07 06:17 PM
Thanks for the responses. I will try out the suggestions this evening and let you know what I find.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Is my Axiom Center Channel Dead? - 10/05/07 08:45 PM
You may also want to ensure that the centre is enabled in the receiver.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Is my Axiom Center Channel Dead? - 10/05/07 10:52 PM
Right! A "Test Tone" and "Channel Select" would answer lots of questions!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Is my Axiom Center Channel Dead? - 10/07/07 11:24 PM
You can tell pretty easily if your center channel is working by putting your ear up to it...

Always worked for me.
© Axiom Message Boards