Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RJP Wall mounting older Epic's - 10/28/07 09:01 PM
Recently purchased, and wall mounted a Mitsu LCD. Have older Epic EC-2 speakers that came with an Epic Micro system I purchased 7+ years ago. Want to move them from stands to wall next to LCD. BUT, these older speakers do not have a monting hole(s). Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get these mounted on brackets? Can I drill screws into these things without effecting the sound?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wall mounting older Epic's - 10/29/07 12:48 AM
I recently wall-mounted some older, pre-mounting bolt M22s that by drilling into them and attaching a bracket with wood screws. I don't remember the exact type of screw, but I got the fattest screw with the deepest treads that would easily clear the holes made for them in the brackets -- I didn't want there to be any chance of the screws stripping the MDF material.

As long as the screws fit tightly into the holes you pre-drill for them, then the integrity of the cabinet will be maintained and the screws will not affect the sound.
Posted By: HAY Re: Wall mounting older Epic's - 10/31/07 02:51 AM
Axiom has confirmed that you can drill into speakers (no one has mentioned your models yet though) but you're best to contact them (or Amie) to see where the best place is to do it.

Here's a couple of old posts..

Post 2

Post 3

Post 4

Post 5

Good luck
© Axiom Message Boards