Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash Inkel - 10/31/07 05:49 PM
Here is an interesting little tidbit about Inkel. It mentions them to be the parent company of Denon and Sherwood Newcastle.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Inkel - 10/31/07 05:59 PM
And one more link from a blog that appears to be fairly accurate.

BTW, the Inkel web site only discusses Sherwood Newcastle products.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Inkel - 10/31/07 06:01 PM
Actually, it mentions them as building Denon lines. This could be a manufacturing-only relationship. Not very clear (unless there were other references than under "Introducing Sherwood Newcastle" that I missed).
Posted By: jakewash Re: Inkel - 10/31/07 06:29 PM
I guess they could be building them to Denon's specs but there really isn't alot of difference between them, so I suspect they use many of the same parts.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Inkel - 10/31/07 07:42 PM
Quite possible. I don't know enough the details of these specific products. The other link you sent is actually clearer on the OEM portion. Is it enough to start a "All receivers are the same" thread? He he he. \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Inkel - 10/31/07 08:06 PM
Hmm, no, according to my schedule that thread is set to start in 2 weeks.

However, we are very late on a break-in thread, and coming up quickly on the deadline for a cable thread.

Let's get cracking, people!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Inkel - 10/31/07 08:14 PM
We just finished a thread on cables! LP vs CD though...
Posted By: Mojo Re: Inkel - 10/31/07 10:11 PM
According to the second article, SN manufactures for a number of others (including Outlaw). Manufacturing does not imply requirements definition, specification, design, engineering implementation, testing, certification and field trials. I personally am a huge proponent of letting others that have large economies of scale handle the manufacturing provided that all of the other activities that I mentioned are done correctly. Manufacturing issues are very rarely the fault of manufacturing per se. The vast majority of the problems I've seen are engineering-related.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Inkel - 11/01/07 01:32 AM
I agree. More specifically, engineering-management related...
© Axiom Message Boards