Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/19/07 01:48 AM
http://www.axiomaudio.com/flatspeakerwirewhite.html
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/19/07 01:57 AM
Cool! So far I like their cables and connectors. It's never too expensive and it's always at least very good. When I move into a house or if I'm ever stuck with a WAF factor, I'll definitely consider this... \:\)
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/19/07 02:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
Cool! So far I like their cables and connectors. It's never too expensive and it's always at least very good. When I move into a house or if I'm ever stuck with a WAF factor, I'll definitely consider this... \:\)

Hehe, you just said "wife acceptance factor factor"
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/19/07 02:46 AM
Exactly... If you read it carefully, you will realize it means I have no wife, not just that I don't have an acceptance factor! It's double-positive! \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/19/07 03:31 AM
I hope Axiom's done their homework (I'm sure they have!) on the adhesive on this stuff. The last self-adhesive cable I bought took the paint right off the wall.
Posted By: BrenR Re: New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/19/07 08:56 AM
I have to admit that the regular axiom bulk cable takes paint off as well... I've had the surrounds wires sitting on a ledge in the basement for about 2 years now I guess, went to move it to dust under it (as opposed to dusting around it/blowing it off with compressed air) and some chemical in the jacket is unfriendly to latex paint.

Not complaining... just suggesting others watch where they lay their wire. (yes, Ken or Peter... lay their wire... I'm leaving that wide open for you)

Bren R.
Posted By: jakewash Re: New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/19/07 10:15 AM
 Originally Posted By: BrenR
and some chemical in the jacket is unfriendly to latex paint.

Bren R.

The insulation is rubberized so I will guess it has to do with the petroleum products in it.

I left a tool box on the floor of our kitchen in a corner for a couple of weeks and the rubber feet on it stained the linoleum.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/20/07 02:05 PM
Ummm, Ken? Once you put it on the wall, it's supposed to stick.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Axiom Flat speaker wire 12 AWG - 12/20/07 02:06 PM
Oh, and Bren? Lay their wire? You leave me with little to go on.
© Axiom Message Boards