Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ratpack TV/ Speaker Stands - 12/29/07 03:54 PM
A year or so ago, the were some posts listing websites that had numerous types of TV and Speaker stands.

About a month ago I bought one of the Yahama Sound Projectors (yes, yes I know that is not Axiom, but Axiom doesn't offer one and I could NOT get wife approval to run speaker wires all over the room!!!!!!!! I lost that battle.) to use with my 32" Sony HDTV which is inside a wooden entertainment center. The enclosure is about 36" wide by 38" high. I have plenty of room inside the enclosure but if I put the sound projector below the TV, I need to find a stand to raise the TV 8-9". I don't have a good way to mount the sound projector above the TV because the entertainement center has wooden doors that slide into each side preventing me from side mounting. I have seen a stand that you can mount on the top of the TV, but I am not so sure that is a good idea considering the weight of the projector and the sound vibration.

Anyone have any ideas or website that can help with this problem? Now, now guys, positive inputs, only!!!
Posted By: Wid Re: TV/ Speaker Stands - 12/29/07 04:05 PM
Is this it?
Posted By: ratpack Re: TV/ Speaker Stands - 12/29/07 04:33 PM
I don't know if that is the one or not, but it looks like a good place for me to start!!! I will add it to my favorites.

Thanks Rick!!!

Let me wish you and your family a Happy New Year!!!
Posted By: Wid Re: TV/ Speaker Stands - 12/29/07 04:38 PM

Thanks Benard,

Here's hoping your New Year is full of joy, happiness and good health.
Posted By: Ajax Re: TV/ Speaker Stands - 12/29/07 06:02 PM
Here's another similar web site, Bernard. They each carry, basically, the same stuff. Sometimes Racks and Stands has a slightly better price on a given stand, and sometimes Stands and Mounts has the better price.

Stands and Mounts
Posted By: Zarak Re: TV/ Speaker Stands - 12/29/07 06:08 PM
You guys came up with the two that I remember best from when I was looking for a stand.
Posted By: ratpack Re: TV/ Speaker Stands - 12/29/07 06:12 PM
Thanks Jack. I'll be looking there also!
Posted By: Murph Re: TV/ Speaker Stands - 01/03/08 07:08 PM
You may find that you will need your sound projector professionally tweaked to get decent surround sound effects. I spent an afternoon watching my buddy tinker with one while I drank beer and was the dedicated listener. Never really got it right.

I came back the next weekend and he had the guy from the AV shop come and set it up. I did now hear surround effects alright. He definitely knew some secrets we couldn't figure out. I'd still take an actual 5.1 system over the projector any day but pleasing the wife is important and it does look cool under a TV.
© Axiom Message Boards