Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ToddE Hooking up sub to integrated amp?? - 03/29/09 05:57 PM
I've searched the forums for this question and I'm wondering if one of you good people could help me. My wife is letting me clear some space in the basement and I have some M22's I want to hook with an X-Sub to my Nad 352 integrated. Well, it is already hooked up running the red/white from the back of the sub to my integrated. The sub is working, but I'm wondering is there a better way to hook it up? Obviously, the integrated has no bass management. The X-Sub has a cross-over and volume control for those not familiar with the product. I guess I'm asking is it worth it to run the sub with the integrated and what settings should I have on the sub if anyone thinks it will work or not. Hope that is not too confusing. Thanks in advance for any answers......
Posted By: Wid Re: Hooking up sub to integrated amp?? - 03/29/09 06:19 PM

Sure it will work good. I would set the xsubs crossover to 80HZ and let the M22s roll off naturally. This should be a sweet sounding set up.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hooking up sub to integrated amp?? - 03/30/09 03:33 AM
Todd, that certainly will work. Just to add to Rick's comments, one point to be aware of is that the frequency markings on the sub "crossover"(actually just a low-pass filter on the sub, not a full crossover)control are often inaccurate, as tests for example by Tom Nousaine have shown. I have no idea as to how accurate the markings on the X-Sub may be, but don't rely entirely on them, but set it for an audibly pleasing blend with your M22s, which presumably would be nearer the minimum on the adjustment range.
Posted By: ToddE Re: Hooking up sub to integrated amp?? - 03/30/09 07:07 PM
Thanks guys, but what about volume control? How loud should I turn that too........
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hooking up sub to integrated amp?? - 03/30/09 07:49 PM
What ever sounds good to you, but usually you set the sub up with test tone and an SPL meter so that it reads the same on the SPL meter as it does with just the mains playing.
© Axiom Message Boards