Axiom Home Page
Posted By: a401classic Mac geniuses input needed... - 07/06/09 11:53 PM
We just updated our old [dot]mac account to the new [dot]me format and I can't seem to be able to link images the way I used to. First thing I noticed is that new uploaded images don't have a .jpg extension... Even the images on our account that are still listed with a .jpg extension are not linkable - is that a word?

Comments welcome.

Scott
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Mac geniuses input needed... - 07/07/09 02:30 AM
(begin sarcastic remarks) Is there really such a thing as a Mac Genius? I thought that the point of a Mac was to be "so easy to use?" (end sarcastic remarks)

OK, with that out of the way, I don't have any suggestions, but that seems odd that the extension would be dropped all of a sudden by changing from mac to me...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mac geniuses input needed... - 07/07/09 04:15 AM
This is how I've been doing it, even before the mac.com -> me.com transition.

If you mount your iDisk on your desktop, there should be a Web folder at the top level. Inside that should be a Site (or Sites) folder. Open the Site folder and create a new folder inside there, maybe call it "images". (I call mine "dump" since I dump images there.)

Put pics you want to share in that folder, then you should be able link to them with a url like

http://web.me.com/thebukos/dump/2stone.jpg
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Mac geniuses input needed... - 07/07/09 05:10 AM
That's exactly how I do it.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Mac geniuses input needed... - 07/07/09 09:49 AM
Great! Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Scott
Posted By: a401classic Re: Mac geniuses input needed... - 07/08/09 12:35 AM
Ahhh, this is easier. Now I need to work on file size. One thing at a time.

Thanks for the help!

Scott

Posted By: fredk Re: Mac geniuses input needed... - 07/08/09 02:29 AM
Who knew reading posts could be like a side scrolling video game? ;\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mac geniuses input needed... - 07/08/09 02:55 AM
To keep the file sizes reasonable, you can import your photos into iPhoto first, then use the Export option in the File menu to create a medium-size JPEG.

© Axiom Message Boards