Axiom Home Page
Hey guys, lately I have been noticing a popping noise froming from my M80s (powered by an Emotiva). This popping happens when the A/C turns on, or a fridge or something. Will a surge protector bar fix this? Which would you recommend?

Thanks!
Try hooking up the speakers directly to the receiver and see if you can recreate the problem. My guess, based on my experience with emo products, is that if you take them out of the chain you will be fine.

You may remember the light switch in the closet issue I had...
I don't remember, what happened?
If you have a poping (see subject line) noise coming from the speakers, a quick genuflect and prayer should take care of it....
All I can remember is that Emotiva gave me some crazy story that since I was close to an Airport, one of their components on the amp circuitboard was at a frequency that was being disturbed when I turned the light switch on in the closet. crazy, yes.
Usually "poping" noises come from the Vatican, I'm glad you didn't add another "o" though.
Sounds like the Amp is responding to the power surges of the lights/appliances draw on the circuits. I suspect a surge supressor will help, if not eliminate this problem. I would recommend any of the brand name ones ie. Belkin, APC etc. You could always spring for a PF60 or the like, for some added cool factor .
I just want clean power for cheap...haha. Belkin and APC eh...some good deals on amazon for around $30.

We'll see if that fixes it.
© Axiom Message Boards