Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Dave Safe To Paint Axiom Bulk Speaker Wire? - 11/06/09 02:34 PM
Header pretty much sums it up. The bulk speaker wire is an absolute dream to work with, given its' flexibility. Will it be okay to paint the jacket to match my walls (in-wall installation isn't really practical in this room)?

Thanks, gang!

DS.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Safe To Paint Axiom Bulk Speaker Wire? - 11/06/09 06:59 PM
I know their flat wire can be painted over and I suspect the bulk wire would be ok with latex paint, but due to its flexible nature any movement would crack the paint or peel it off altogether. I would buy some wire track and hide the wire this way. The tracks are paintable and look a little more decor friendly than wire on the wall, IMO.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Safe To Paint Axiom Bulk Speaker Wire? - 11/06/09 08:25 PM
Agreed. Paintable wire track can be had in a variety of sizes to accommodate one or many wires. It'll look better than a bare wire.
Posted By: Dave Re: Safe To Paint Axiom Bulk Speaker Wire? - 11/07/09 03:57 AM

Thanks for the help, fellas!

DS.
If it's just laying loose, you can cover it up with braided tubing This is just one example, there are other companies with a broader color selection. It can be capped off with color marching shrink tubing. I ended mine with 7.1 surround color scheme shrink tubing (or as close as I could get). Scroll thru the pics in my HT. The very last pic on the photos page shows my sub wiring. I couldn't get a high enough shrink ratio to go over the plug ends and still shrink to the wire diameter, so I left these unfinished.
© Axiom Message Boards